Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
I'm waiting on Randall Carlson to weigh in on this as part of the catastrophysm hypothesis he and Graham Hancock share. The anthropological timeline is sketchy as there are about 14 different estimates of age of Tiwanaku. It is what lies beneath the surface that I would like to get into. Some event buried this vast complex down there. The earliest known society of natives were the Uru, however, they were farmers and not advanced at all living in circular mud huts who appeared in the area around 10,000 years ago. But here once again we have to have patience with obstacles of political and pathological barriers that would impede progress in uncovering what is buried beneath the surface that seismic and ground penetrating radar have revealed there at Puma Punku and Tiwanaku. The complexity of consent lies in not just one nationality but Peru, Chile and Argentina allowing further study on their turf. This area beneath had at one time 40,000 inhabitants.

I don't want to stick my neck out too far but when I read Plato's account of Atlantis, dismiss the misconceptions of geography they had back then of the land masses, particularly the "island" reference being actually South America and the account of Phaethon taking his fathers chariot and riding across the sky scorching the earth and being destroyed himself by a lightning bolt, rings of meteor. Up until around 1200 AD the Americas were perceived as Asia making the Pacific and Atlantic one and the same to them. Valuable oral history is very hard to translate at times.

This reference to a sudden cataclysmic event in Plato's account may apply here: "A little while afterwards there were great earthquakes and floods, and your warrior race all sank into the earth; and the great island of Atlantis also disappeared in the sea." This is the explanation of the "shallows" he refers to, which are found in that part of the Atlantic/Pacific ocean.

But I don't want to put the cart before the horse. First, we need proof this tsunami occurred there. The physical evidence remaining, in my mind, is irrefutable.

One more feature of the riptide that occurred is the almost mirrored "triangulation" of the piece of sea floor extending inline with the riptide path to that of the inland 160 mile wide beach. Here is a view of it:

[www.google.com]

This would be the "funneling" that I am talking about and this would show the suggestion of that flow.

Atlantis was not so much an island in the sea but could have been described thus by being situated in an "inland" island between encircling mountains, a land mass within a land mass. And this Tiwanakuan/Titticaca area does fit that description.

As far as the Easter Island relation to this event, I would be more inclined to accept the "survivor set adrift out to sea from here" than of Polynesian influence. I believe the Polynesian influence came much later as a suggestion coming from the speculation (and a stretch that it is) that these inhabitants were descended from Polynesian sailors that randomly found this most isolated island on earth. My theory would hold just as much water in this case. But my rendition makes more sense in that the mere fact of the stone cutting technology aligns more with what we find at Tiwanaku than the palm huts found in the Polynesian culture thousands of years later. Polynesians may have stumbled upon this island but they didn't have the techno to cut stone like that found on the island.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23-Jan-16 13:45 by Yourconscience.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 2246 Yourconscience 15-Jan-16 17:30
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 601 Juha 20-Jan-16 11:51
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 678 Yourconscience 20-Jan-16 18:49
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 500 carolb 20-Jan-16 19:21
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 846 Yourconscience 21-Jan-16 16:11
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 517 Juha 22-Jan-16 11:46
Removed 546 Juha 22-Jan-16 12:06
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 462 Harte 04-Feb-16 02:47
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 530 Yourconscience 04-Feb-16 22:49
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 568 Yourconscience 22-Jan-16 16:46
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 1772 Mdsign 03-Feb-16 13:07
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 515 Yourconscience 03-Feb-16 17:58
old vs young dryas 576 Mdsign 04-Feb-16 09:56
Re: old vs young dryas 478 Yourconscience 04-Feb-16 15:05
Sea level raised during Younger Dryas 514 Juha 04-Feb-16 21:39
Re: Sea level raised during Younger Dryas 449 Yourconscience 04-Feb-16 22:45
Re: old vs young dryas 442 Mdsign 05-Feb-16 08:55
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 417 Angenia 04-Feb-16 18:56
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 527 Yourconscience 04-Feb-16 23:22
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 579 Harte 05-Feb-16 00:32
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 466 Yourconscience 05-Feb-16 05:37
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 429 Harte 05-Feb-16 11:17
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 560 Yourconscience 07-Feb-16 16:45
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 485 Yourconscience 14-Feb-16 18:30
Re: Cataclysmic impact and the tsunami that struck South America before Younger/Dryas 711 Yourconscience 29-Feb-16 18:17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.