Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Origyptian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course I would! And that's because it's
> bad science no matter what the result says.

If all of the dates came back 10,000-1,000,000yrs old as you prefer? I honestly doubt it. The paper putting the Sphinx at 800,000yrs old is really bad science yet you still find ways to keep an open mind. Regardless, just as you have attacked the RCD, when the mainstream challenged the results you would surely make the same arguments I have. The RCD studies by no means prove when these construction projects were started, but they were obviously at the very least heavily engaged in their completion during these times.

> When have I ever exhibited any other
> objective standard?!

Honestly, when have you not? When have you ever accepted anything that has contradicted your beliefs and revised them accordingly? I have yet to see an example.

> And I resent your allegation
> that I would be biased toward such a result.

You have yet to give me a reason to believe otherwise so whatever resentment you feel is of your own making.

> > ...because it would then tell you what you want
> to hear...
>
> A back to back absurd slur, and I'm surprised you
> would say such a thing, of all people here.

It's not a "slur" by any means. It's true. You have shown you are incapable of interpreting any information in any other way that does not suit your narrative. I am not trying to be mean to you and am not looking for an argument, just being honest with you. But why does this surprise you I of all people would say such a thing given I have said it many times over?

> The
> ONLY reason I've propsed ANYTHING here is that the
> so-called "tenets" based on contrived "evidence"
> to back up them up are revealing themselves as
> being so bogus that they require such
> challenge and counter-proposal.

My comments are limited to the RCD, nothing more or less.

> From my
> perspective, that much is obvious, and for you and
> "Mister" Stower to attempt to recharacterize it to
> be some devious motive reduces the scholarship of
> this discussion to the gutter. I urge you to
> rethink your strategy here.

Mr Stower can speak for himself. It should be clear we disagree on many things so just because we agree on some things does not mean we are "in league" with one another. And the fact two people who generally disagree agree gives even more credence to their validity.

I have no "strategy" regarding the RCD because I do not share your opinion, and I have clearly documented my own.

> Well, once again I must have misunderstood that
> you used Old Wood to justify the validity of the
> C14 studies.

And all you had to do was read it instead of assuming. And actually, I used the RCD studies to debunk the OWT, not use the OWT to support the RCD. They speak for themselves.

> But you characterized the older dates
> assigned to G1 et al as being a "problem" which in
> my view indicates a bias on your part that G1 et
> al are not really that old.

No. What I said was:
As we can see, the problem of older dates is not unique to G1 and is present almost without exception in all of the monuments dated prior to the 12th Dynasty.

Meaning the "problem" is not just that G1 dates older it is that they all do. Therefore, in regards to the OWT:
If old wood were responsible this same phenomenon would be found throughout Egyptian history arguably even more so in the 12th Dynasty than the 1st-6th, but actually the opposite is true. Also if this were the case given the accepted span of real time between the 1-6th Dynasties, not ALL of the samples would consistently date older. Surely over the span of over 200yrs of real time we would expect an amalgam of older and contemporary wood but it is just not there-its all older.

What I am saying in regards to their age, the OK in general, is specifically that they are all at least that old. As I note, it is also interesting to look at Abu Roash and the pyramid of Userkaf which are a hell of a lot older. The most important take away for me with these RCD studies is that they seem to clearly show these monuments were not built by one pharaoh for one pharaoh but rather national projects worked on for possibly 1,000yrs or more which basically ended in the OK.

> Why not claim the
> newer dates traditionally assigned to G1
> are the problem since C14 dating puts the date
> farther back in time?

I am agreeing the traditional dates are a problem and G1 should be put farther back in time.

> I obviously misinterpreted
> your point regarding the 12th Dynasty vs. 1D-6D.
> Mea culpa. I promise to more slowly reread that
> part of your current (and 2012) post and give it
> its due respect. Sorry.

No worries.

> The only thing I've made my mind up about is that
> the traditional tenets are becoming more tenuous
> with each passing day, the evidence used to
> support them is revealing itself to be flimsy at
> best and totally fabricated at worst, and so we
> are left with a huge void that needs to be
> reassessed properly with newer standards and by
> the appropriate cognate disciplines and not just
> from the Humanities.

I do not understand how some can repeat the same rhetoric over and over again day after day, but I get it. That is why I am here. But instead of leap frogging reality by making something up with zero evidence, like these monuments are tens of thousands or even a million years old built by a civilization that has completely disappeared off the face of the Earth, and despite there being zero evidence of such arguing for this possibility ad nauseum-why not start with actual evidence and what we do know? Let's start here first then as evidence warrants revise accordingly. This seems like a perfectly reasonable bar for "standards of proof" which is where I have set my own. It is your failing that you could possibly fault someone for this and as a scientist who claims to accept nothing less you sure disregard it when it applies to your own beliefs.

I consider the RCD studies to be damning evidence the timeline is incorrect and also by ignoring the implication and revising opinions accordingly, a pointed example Egyptology's unwillingness to accept alternatives to the status quo. The RCD studies make my belly warm with glee because no matter what here is scientific proof something is wrong with accepted chronology. Instead of trying to take a dump on it because it does not give you the dates you want you should be embracing it warts and all.



Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 15-Feb-16 22:45 by Thanos5150.

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
age of the Sphinx 4898 Open mind 24-Nov-15 13:54
Re: age of the Sphinx 1235 Jon Ellison 24-Nov-15 18:34
Re: age of the Sphinx 1136 Pete Vanderzwet 25-Nov-15 00:08
Re: age of the Sphinx 1029 Open mind 25-Nov-15 04:20
Re: age of the Sphinx 913 Jon Ellison 25-Nov-15 14:53
Re: age of the Sphinx 965 Open mind 25-Nov-15 04:43
Re: age of the Sphinx 890 Origyptian 22-Dec-15 18:05
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 1120 laughin 19-Dec-15 15:34
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 870 Harte 24-Dec-15 01:01
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 797 Corpuscles 24-Dec-15 01:39
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 909 Harte 24-Dec-15 14:32
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 769 Origyptian 24-Dec-15 14:49
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 886 Audrey 25-Dec-15 23:39
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 802 Harte 26-Dec-15 00:21
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 702 Audrey 26-Dec-15 01:44
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 752 Origyptian 26-Dec-15 02:40
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 765 Origyptian 24-Dec-15 06:17
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 924 Harte 24-Dec-15 14:37
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 769 Origyptian 24-Dec-15 14:56
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 742 Harte 24-Dec-15 17:23
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 771 Origyptian 24-Dec-15 18:23
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 765 Harte 24-Dec-15 22:51
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 691 Origyptian 25-Dec-15 18:11
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 801 Harte 25-Dec-15 20:19
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 726 Origyptian 26-Dec-15 02:50
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 756 Harte 26-Dec-15 21:45
Re: age of the Sphinx ?. how about 800,000 years 709 Ulrich 23-Jan-16 18:02
Re: age of the Sphinx 878 Mdsign 29-Dec-15 12:01
Re: age of the Sphinx 811 SandyJesse 06-Jan-16 00:59
Re: age of the Sphinx 924 Harte 09-Jan-16 20:43
Re: age of the Sphinx 819 Mdsign 11-Jan-16 10:19
Re: age of the Sphinx 863 SandyJesse 12-Jan-16 23:49
Re: age of the Sphinx 786 Merrell 11-Jan-16 12:07
Re: age of the Sphinx 600 Harte 23-Jan-16 17:19
Re: age of the Sphinx 689 Mdsign 24-Jan-16 16:18
Re: age of the Sphinx 703 Harte 24-Jan-16 22:36
Re: age of the Sphinx 725 Mdsign 25-Jan-16 10:33
Re: age of the Sphinx 616 Origyptian 25-Jan-16 13:45
it is a dog 737 Juha 25-Jan-16 14:50
Re: it is a dog 855 Thanos5150 25-Jan-16 16:37
Re: it is a dog 747 Harte 26-Jan-16 02:14
Re: it is a dog 687 Thanos5150 26-Jan-16 02:35
its leo everywhere 706 Mdsign 26-Jan-16 10:20
Assyrian sphinx is bull 974 Juha 26-Jan-16 12:56
Re: Assyrian sphinx is bull 765 Mdsign 26-Jan-16 13:01
Re: Assyrian sphinx is bull 602 Origyptian 26-Jan-16 14:29
Re: it is a dog 826 Harte 26-Jan-16 11:01
Re: it is a dog 653 Jon Ellison 26-Jan-16 12:18
Re: it is a dog 643 Origyptian 26-Jan-16 14:41
Re: it is a dog 725 Jon Ellison 26-Jan-16 17:10
Re: it is a dog 693 Thanos5150 26-Jan-16 23:31
Re: it is a dog 750 Harte 27-Jan-16 01:08
Re: it is a dog 862 Thanos5150 27-Jan-16 05:49
Re: it is a dog 702 Harte 27-Jan-16 11:12
Re: it is a dog 525 Thanos5150 27-Jan-16 18:21
Re: it is a dog 592 DUNE 27-Jan-16 18:32
Dogleg 754 Dr. Troglodyte 27-Jan-16 19:07
Re: Dogleg 815 Thanos5150 28-Jan-16 00:26
Re: it is a dog 644 Origyptian 27-Jan-16 14:24
Re: it is a dog 641 Jon Ellison 27-Jan-16 11:06
Re: it is a dog 644 Harte 27-Jan-16 11:17
Re: it is a dog 541 Jon Ellison 27-Jan-16 11:22
Re: it is a dog 731 Audrey 27-Jan-16 04:42
Re: it is a dog 624 Thanos5150 27-Jan-16 04:53
Re: it is a dog 594 Audrey 27-Jan-16 06:20
Re: it is a dog 642 Thanos5150 27-Jan-16 19:15
Re: it is a dog 888 Audrey 28-Jan-16 01:55
Re: it is a dog 771 Thanos5150 28-Jan-16 20:24
Re: it is a dog 955 Audrey 29-Jan-16 03:14
Re: it is a dog 581 Juha 29-Jan-16 08:23
Re: it is a dog 560 Mdsign 29-Jan-16 09:30
Re: it is a dog 631 Juha 29-Jan-16 11:01
Re: it is a dog 676 Mdsign 29-Jan-16 11:57
Re: it is a dog 639 Origyptian 29-Jan-16 13:30
Age of Pyramids 647 Juha 29-Jan-16 17:07
Re: Age of Pyramids 536 Origyptian 29-Jan-16 17:42
Re: Age of Pyramids 594 Juha 29-Jan-16 18:29
Re: Age of Pyramids 595 Jon Ellison 29-Jan-16 18:35
Re: Age of Pyramids 508 Juha 29-Jan-16 21:19
Re: Age of Pyramids 616 Jon Ellison 29-Jan-16 21:50
Re: Age of Pyramids 696 Audrey 30-Jan-16 06:46
Re: Age of Pyramids 601 brett z 30-Jan-16 13:14
Re: Age of Pyramids 649 Jon Ellison 30-Jan-16 17:58
Straight lines 614 randompHactor 30-Jan-16 18:15
Re: Age of Pyramids 603 Origyptian 29-Jan-16 18:49
Re: Age of Pyramids 650 Juha 29-Jan-16 21:43
Re: it is a dog 545 Audrey 29-Jan-16 17:58
Re: it is a dog 684 Juha 29-Jan-16 22:39
Re: it is a dog 888 Thanos5150 29-Jan-16 22:37
Re: it is a dog 589 Audrey 30-Jan-16 06:21
Re: it is a dog 650 Thanos5150 30-Jan-16 06:56
Re: it is a dog 494 Audrey 30-Jan-16 07:15
Re: it is a dog 634 Origyptian 30-Jan-16 07:30
Was the Sphinx Originally an Animal? 735 Thanos5150 30-Jan-16 21:35
Re: it is a dog 775 cladking 30-Jan-16 21:52
Re: it is a dog 774 Thanos5150 31-Jan-16 02:15
Re: Was the Sphinx Originally an Animal? 2148 Thanos5150 14-Feb-16 21:54
Re: Was the Sphinx Originally an Animal? 724 DUNE 14-Feb-16 23:45
Re: Was the Sphinx Originally an Animal? 684 Thanos5150 15-Feb-16 00:12
Re: Was the Sphinx Originally an Animal? 723 Audrey 15-Feb-16 03:17
Re: Was the Sphinx Originally an Animal? 711 Thanos5150 15-Feb-16 03:51
Re: Was the Sphinx Originally an Animal? 642 Origyptian 15-Feb-16 00:54
Re: Granite ....to protect against high water 796 Thunderbird 15-Feb-16 03:02
Re: Granite ....to protect against high water 768 Origyptian 15-Feb-16 06:54
Re: Granite ....to protect against high water 676 DUNE 15-Feb-16 10:38
Re: Granite ....to protect against high water 600 Origyptian 15-Feb-16 11:41
Re: Granite ....to protect against high water 618 Jon Ellison 15-Feb-16 13:46
Re: Granite ....to protect against high water 603 Origyptian 15-Feb-16 16:09
Re: Nile and harbor management 715 Thunderbird 15-Feb-16 16:31
Re:Ancient Nile elevations 684 Thunderbird 15-Feb-16 22:59
Re: Was the Sphinx Originally an Animal? 933 Thanos5150 16-Feb-16 23:41
Re: it is a dog 638 Mdsign 29-Jan-16 10:03
Re: Dumuzi....Osiris 839 Thunderbird 26-Jan-16 03:45
Re: Dumuzi....Osiris 1031 Thanos5150 26-Jan-16 04:41
Re: The Akhet (Inundation) and ANPU 697 Thunderbird 26-Jan-16 15:05
Re: Dumuzi....Osiris 688 Mdsign 27-Jan-16 09:57
Re: age of the Sphinx 868 Audrey 26-Jan-16 05:21
back to the time period question 753 Mdsign 27-Jan-16 13:12
Re: Why are the Causeways where they are, 755 DUNE 27-Jan-16 12:01
Re: Why are the Causeways where they are, 646 Spiros 27-Jan-16 13:11
Re: Why are the Causeways where they are, 685 Spiros 27-Jan-16 13:53
Re: Why are the Causeways where they are, 709 cladking 27-Jan-16 15:42
Re: Why are the Causeways where they are, 562 Jon Ellison 27-Jan-16 18:35
Re: Why are the Causeways where they are, 539 cladking 27-Jan-16 20:37
Re: age of the Sphinx 628 Harte 29-Jan-16 19:24
Re: age of the Sphinx 572 randompHactor 29-Jan-16 19:32
Re: age of the Sphinx 586 Origyptian 29-Jan-16 19:39
Re: age of the Sphinx 860 Martin Stower 15-Feb-16 17:52
Re: age of the Sphinx 638 Origyptian 15-Feb-16 18:18
Re: age of the Sphinx 694 Martin Stower 19-Feb-16 17:53
Re: age of the Sphinx 569 Origyptian 19-Feb-16 18:00
Re: age of the Sphinx 860 Martin Stower 19-Feb-16 20:23
Re: age of the Sphinx 634 Thanos5150 15-Feb-16 18:22
Re: age of the Sphinx 626 Origyptian 15-Feb-16 18:36
Re: age of the Sphinx 681 Thanos5150 15-Feb-16 19:21
Re: age of the Sphinx 584 Origyptian 15-Feb-16 19:55
Re: age of the Sphinx 655 Thanos5150 15-Feb-16 21:27
Re: age of the Sphinx 668 Martin Stower 15-Feb-16 22:00
Re: age of the Sphinx 629 Thanos5150 15-Feb-16 22:34
Re: age of the Sphinx 611 Origyptian 15-Feb-16 23:09
Re: age of the Sphinx 580 Martin Stower 16-Feb-16 19:45
Re: age of the Sphinx 791 Origyptian 16-Feb-16 20:07
Re: age of the Sphinx 557 Martin Stower 16-Feb-16 22:03
Re: age of the Sphinx 613 Origyptian 16-Feb-16 23:33
Re: age of the Sphinx 736 Audrey 16-Feb-16 23:44
Re: age of the Sphinx 675 Martin Stower 17-Feb-16 14:40
Re: age of the Sphinx 610 Origyptian 17-Feb-16 15:18
Re: age of the Sphinx 675 Martin Stower 17-Feb-16 15:31
Re: age of the Sphinx 692 Origyptian 17-Feb-16 15:58
Re: age of the Sphinx 575 Audrey 16-Feb-16 23:37
Re: age of the Sphinx 659 Harte 17-Feb-16 11:24
Re: age of the Sphinx 639 Martin Stower 17-Feb-16 15:13
Re: age of the Sphinx 596 Origyptian 17-Feb-16 15:39
Re: age of the Sphinx 577 Martin Stower 17-Feb-16 15:54
Re: age of the Sphinx 609 Origyptian 17-Feb-16 16:40
Re: age of the Sphinx 635 Martin Stower 17-Feb-16 16:55
Re: age of the Sphinx 571 Origyptian 17-Feb-16 17:08
Re: age of the Sphinx 601 Martin Stower 17-Feb-16 23:00
Re: age of the Sphinx 599 Origyptian 17-Feb-16 23:58
Re: age of the Sphinx 491 Martin Stower 18-Feb-16 00:10
Re: age of the Sphinx 664 Origyptian 18-Feb-16 00:15
Re: age of the Sphinx 568 Martin Stower 18-Feb-16 01:07
Re: age of the Sphinx 700 Harte 17-Feb-16 23:55
Re: age of the Sphinx 606 Origyptian 17-Feb-16 15:50
Re: age of the Sphinx 631 Martin Stower 17-Feb-16 14:55
Re: age of the Sphinx 586 Origyptian 17-Feb-16 15:47
Re: age of the Sphinx 540 Martin Stower 17-Feb-16 16:42
Re: age of the Sphinx 501 Origyptian 17-Feb-16 16:49
Re: age of the Sphinx 704 Martin Stower 17-Feb-16 17:03
Re: age of the Sphinx 605 Origyptian 17-Feb-16 17:10
Re: age of the Sphinx 589 Martin Stower 17-Feb-16 23:40
Re: age of the Sphinx 512 Origyptian 18-Feb-16 00:03
Re: age of the Sphinx 640 Martin Stower 18-Feb-16 00:22
Re: age of the Sphinx 600 Harte 17-Feb-16 23:59
Re: age of the Sphinx 587 Martin Stower 18-Feb-16 01:14
Re: age of the Sphinx 547 Origyptian 15-Feb-16 22:51
Re: age of the Sphinx 585 Audrey 15-Feb-16 23:55
Re: age of the Sphinx 537 Origyptian 16-Feb-16 00:25
Re: age of the Sphinx 529 Audrey 16-Feb-16 01:40
Re: age of the Sphinx 604 Origyptian 16-Feb-16 02:50
Re: age of the Sphinx 584 Audrey 16-Feb-16 03:05
Re: age of the Sphinx 586 Origyptian 16-Feb-16 15:06
Re: age of the Sphinx 659 Thanos5150 16-Feb-16 00:20
Re: age of the Sphinx 562 Martin Stower 16-Feb-16 00:37
Re: age of the Sphinx 618 Thanos5150 16-Feb-16 00:44
Re: age of the Sphinx 587 Audrey 16-Feb-16 01:33
Re: age of the Sphinx 595 Martin Stower 16-Feb-16 02:41
Re: age of the Sphinx 688 Audrey 16-Feb-16 02:52
Re: age of the Sphinx 576 Martin Stower 16-Feb-16 03:03
Re: age of the Sphinx 671 Audrey 16-Feb-16 03:08
Re: age of the Sphinx 642 Martin Stower 16-Feb-16 03:18
Re: age of the Sphinx 787 Audrey 16-Feb-16 03:36
Re: age of the Sphinx 662 Jon Ellison 16-Feb-16 04:23
Re: age of the Sphinx 703 Martin Stower 16-Feb-16 14:28
Re: age of the Sphinx 662 Martin Stower 16-Feb-16 14:41
Re: age of the Sphinx 642 Audrey 16-Feb-16 01:30
Re: age of the Sphinx 508 Origyptian 16-Feb-16 02:40
Re: age of the Sphinx 654 Martin Stower 15-Feb-16 21:41
Re: age of the Sphinx 610 Origyptian 15-Feb-16 23:06
Re: age of the Sphinx 747 Martin Stower 16-Feb-16 00:03
Re: age of the Sphinx 712 cladking 16-Feb-16 03:30
Re: age of the Sphinx 700 Martin Stower 16-Feb-16 14:48
Re: age of the Sphinx 698 cladking 16-Feb-16 19:55
Re: age of the Sphinx 705 Martin Stower 15-Feb-16 16:28
Re: age of the Sphinx 721 Brian Patterson 29-Jan-16 20:08


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.