Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Go to: Forum HomeBoardNew Topic

Pages: 12345...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 8
Results 1 - 30 of 212
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Kboldt wrote: > > When Christ died on the cross and "gave up the ghost", as the > verse states, "there was a great earthquake and the veil of the > Temple was rent in twain." > *** Can you supply a bible verse for this? > The earthquake literaly "split" the Holy of Holies in half, > destroying the "inner sanctuary". *** FWIW, if
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Kattmanndoo wrote: > Jim, > > This was being discussed in another thread. Creation stories > can be broken down to philosophical arguments. Here is the link > to the thread. > > > > Here is the basis in which I derive this argument. > > In my opinion it is not Gods at all that is being referred to, > it is philosophy itself through relative terms. The bib
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Kattmanndoo wrote: > In my opinion, most have missed the obvious. > > The Ark is from the Noah Story. > > The very first covenant in the bible was the rainbow that Noah > Saw. > > The Ark - The Boat in which all things were saved by two's, > male and female. This represents relativism. The Flood is not > of a literal flood of water, it is the flood of philosophic
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Pun intended. It is my stance that the Old Testament god stems from the earlier meteoritic gods of prior religions. This concept of god was never explicitly stated but rather illustrated via symbolism. Anyway, we know Moses saw a "burning bush" when Yahweh was nearby (I can't recall if god himself was the bush or god simply made it start on fire). Moses wasn't allowed to look at the
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Claude wrote: > Hi Phil, > > Didn't you find a link or analogy between the Ark of the > Convenant, the Archangel (ark angle) in gothic architecture of > the Cathedrals and Joan of Ark and an electric ark and the > towns named Arques in France including the one world famous for > his chrystal glassware factory and another one where a former > cathar castle was located ? &
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
What I don't ever see discussed re: the Roswell debris is this: Let's say it really WAS a balloon (mogul, etc.). How could anyone assume it's an alien craft when, by EXPERIENCE, people know that things that take people up in the air are made from RIGID materials (excluding the hot-airballoon issue which still has a basket or the propane assembly)? IOW, if I plant some flimsy (i.e. NON-rigid) d
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
chasing said "craft". JL
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
not technology. JL
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
in performance/speed since the 40's? IOW, I understand your point about these craft really being gov't craft, but why don't we see an evolution in increased performance as we'd expect to see IF the gov't was working on a long-term project? JL
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
He's a cold-war/soviet specialist and the whole nat'l security state thing appealed to him. I spent 2 hours on the phone with him about a month ago. I got my answer. It's so easy to read between the lines on this, but the dumbed-down masses just take the media at its word. For instance, Jimmy Carter asks Bush Sr. (then CIA director) for info on UFOs. Bush says he can't since it's only allo
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Just so happens of the 80% in the U.S. that identify themselves as Xians, it's split 50/50 between literal belief in the bible. IOW, 50% of 80% = 40% which is very close to your 36% figure. Scary stuff. If any country ever wanted to dominate the U.S. economically, just hypnotize them with the Left Behind series of books and encourage their "dumbing down" about the world. JL
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
was the most unChristian political line ever. IOW, the bible ("god") DOES play favorites. Their sentiments are highly unique (secular). JL
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Kboldt wrote: > But, Jim, > > This debate is not over symbolism. I have no argument with you > there. This debate is over whether or not The Founding Fathers > recognized God in the Constitution. I advise you to read the > Federalist Papers link on that site I gave you to get a better > understanding of what the Founders were trying to establish and > what they actually
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Kboldt wrote: > JimLewandowski wrote: > > > 1) FF were Christians and by lack of judgement, forgot to put > > god (or the word creator) in the Constitution > > OR... 1) They didn't need to put in the word GOD or Creator > because it was understood that God is sovereign according to > the Federalist Papers which are the precursor to the > development of the U.S.
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
1) FF were Christians and by lack of judgement, forgot to put god (or the word creator) in the Constitution 2) FF were deists and knew a theocracy was the worst design they could come up with and purposefully left the word god/creator out of the Constitution 3) prove Jesus and/or Moses never existed whatsoever and #1 or #2 become moot points. I chose this path/M.O. It's a lot more solid and v
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Farseeker wrote: > In a word... To ensure the existence of the nascent nation of > America. Remember that in Jesus' own words "give unto Ceaser". > > There is no need for a christocentric nation to have within its > legal documents the word Christ or God to be so focused. In > fact by leaving that out it ensures a long lasting link between > religion and state by
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Not just the mideast but in the good ole USA. THAT is why Bush won. Millenialists, dominionists, wannabe oppressors all came together to get things ready for the impending meteorite impact event. JL
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
IOW, Jefferson leaning (if not completely) a pandeist (deist), he didn't believe in an INTERACTIVE god. Thus, divinity or the divine wasn't "true". JL
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
SunSword wrote: > > Precisely. But he took a copy of the bible, and with > scissors, excised anything related to "deity" or "divinity". > Speaks pretty loudly to me. > > I suggest that you may be misinformed. Go > here for a more > accurate perspective on what he did and why he did it. *** Thank you for the link. His > purpose was merely to cap
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Kboldt wrote: > JimLewandowski wrote: > > > Jefferson accepts the DOCTRINES of Jesus (sermon on the > Mount) > > but NOT his divinity. HUGE difference between your and my > > definition of Christian. > > Jefferson never stated that Jesus was not Divine. I challenge > you to find these words in anything he wrote. I've gone over > everything I can find on
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Jefferson accepts the DOCTRINES of Jesus (sermon on the Mount) but NOT his divinity. HUGE difference between your and my definition of Christian. Jefferson also had slaves (i.e. not Christian in his ACTIONS). JL
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Kboldt wrote: > Hi Jim, > > This is your best argument? *** Not even close to my best argument. Have you read the Federalist > Papers? *** Not yet. What does Rev. Barry Lynn have to do with this debate? *** An analogy to show that EVEN IF the founding fathers were rabid fundamentalists, they could STILL create a secular country/basis. > Who is he, anyway? An expert on
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
all passages that were deity-related (i.e. divinity)? Because he didn't believe in divinity/deities? Regardless, the U.S. Constitution lacks the word god or creator. Period. To use an analogy: Rev. Barry Lynn (and Weldon Gaddy an SBC) are members of the Separation of Church and State. IOW, both are religious but belong to an institution to CONTINUE the original separation of church and stat
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
when compared to earlier (Gilgamesh) stories: Noah was supposed to go BACK to the heaven to be with "god" just as Gilgamesh was. The writers left this out for some reason. Additionally, in the OT story of creation, it has male being born before female whereas every other earlier creation story had the virgin mother (earth) existing before man/males. This was a POLITICAL change to th
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Good one. The "fall" of mankind (meteorites). Jesus is the "seed of man" or "son of man" (others say he is the "son of god" but he nevers says that himself. The predecessor stories of Noah talk about "the seed of all living things" which sounds FAR more encompassing than "2 of every animal" (except for antarctic penguins, of course).
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Claude wrote: > ok now let's posit the 2nd coming of Christ is indeed a > meteorite impact event but considering we are dust stars do you > think it is the reason why they chose to take the analogy of > births to make the link ? *** The creation myth has 4 phases: descent of the "gods" (meteorites, Nephilim) to earth (from heaven) death/penetration/impregnation of earth (
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Claude wrote: > because they are both "Shining Ones" is the logical > explanation. > Now who are the "Shining Ones" exactly is my question ? *** Meteorites. > Are those called the "Watchers" ? or incorrectly named "fallen > angels" > become they came from another planet ? *** All of the above. Technically, the Egyptians had geocentri
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
Claude wrote: > thanks Jim let's make your post clickable (I answered to this > post) : > > > So for you it is the proof that people found this way of > describing meteorites falling on earth through legend and tales > masked in "revelations" ? *** Not quite sure of your question. Regardless, the answer is: Symbolism told regarding a CREATION story (i.e. there
Forum: Author of the Month
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
14 years ago
JimLewandowski
See post in above thread re: Revelation/2nd coming. JL
Forum: Author of the Month
Pages: 12345...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 8