Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Go to: Forum HomeBoardNew Topic

Pages: 12345...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 32
Results 1 - 30 of 949
14 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hi Don, if you have the dosh I would definately consider a laptop. They have now become so good, performance-wise, that you can even use them for music production. One thing that I really, really appreciate is that they are so quiet. Although, I thought it was just an advertising gimmick I really appreciate having wireless LAN and being able to drag my laptop around the house with me. My other
Forum: Misc.
14 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hi Claude, whatever the remote my symbolise, or not I find it absolutely amazing that a couple would prefer to veg out in front of a brainless talk-show, or quiz, or whatever, rather than just get cozy together. I think it is not just the guy - after all his wife/girlfriend, could seduce him. Who knows perhaps she has the remote in her hand - does that make it her symbolic vulva? Even if it doe
Forum: Misc.
14 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Yup Bent, and television seems to sap the passion. I always find it amazing what a baby-boom follows a big power cut 9 mnths later - amazing! Best, Anthony
Forum: Misc.
14 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hey Sun > But this is in fact not true in the remainder of the animal > kingdom. Male animals normally do not become sexually attracted > to female animals except during the periods of time that the > female animals are "in heat". Thus from that perspective humans > are...unusual. When giving this a second and third look, there > is no apparent evolutionary advantage
Forum: Misc.
14 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hey Claude, > Let's get pragmatic here. I still prefer to skip the sex that > have sex with a condom. I am allergic to the stuff physically > (the material - same for the rubber gloves or rubber dam of the > dentist ) and I am also allergic to the condom "mentally" this > is absolutely not the same feeling and it takes away any > spontaneity of the act itself (talk ab
Forum: Misc.
14 years ago
Anthony Taylor
I must say that I was inspired to make a comment by Mark Harlem’s posting on the new pope thread, here you go: > Dear Martin and Huub, > > I am sorry and do not mean to insult, but in one thing the > Vatican is (in my opinion) absolutely right. > Condoms are not the answer to HIV/AIDS. Nor is abortion the > answer to get rid of an unborn child. > It is just too easy to dema
Forum: Misc.
15 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Giggle, I lke it I´m wondering if these dragons incorporated piezo crystals during mankinds last golden age which was also fuelled by oil from magma rather than decomposed plants. Somehow thes piezo crystals might have been incorporated in much the same way that our own mitochondria crossed the boundry, haja! more, more! Best, Anthony
Forum: Paranormal & Supernatural
15 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hi Eddyaz, I haven't got it with me, but I think Uriel's Machine by Knight and Lomas is a good source for some surprising info on the Watchers. They do a fair amount of discussion of the Book of Enoch, amongst other things. Best, Anthony
Forum: Paranormal & Supernatural
15 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hi All, I spent a fair amount of my youth in a small village outside Winchester in Hampshire. My mum used to help organise a Barn Dance to raise money for the village hall and some charities. It used to be great fun. It was useful that my dad was in the army because it meant that we had appreciable amounts of stuff like camo-netting to help decorate the barn we used. One summer he also let off
Forum: Paranormal & Supernatural
13 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hiya Amy and Jared, sorry, I have been away for a bit. Jared, are you going to the wasiwaska seminar? I asked both Graham and Luna@xxx a few weeks ago for more info, but got no reply. Best, Anthony
Forum: Inner Space
13 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Oooooh, great tip Amy, I'll ask. Best, Anthony
Forum: Inner Space
13 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hi Amy, I think any approach is good if is is well thought out and prepared. Tripping is just one of them, there are many things I have yet to try. I have read a fair bit about meditation but still need to find the time to really get into it. Even for this non-chemically induced adventure some planning is appropriate. I think it is great that you are embarked on this adventure and wish you all
Forum: Inner Space
13 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hi Amy, I notice you didn't answer my question about your"drug" casualty. This would imply to me it wasn't psychadelics. If that is the case, putting the psychadelics into the "drug" drawer and saying "I have learnt my lesson" is just sloppy thinking. > It's consciousness that creates, and makes perfect. So why wasn't man producing beautiful cave paintings 200
Forum: Inner Space
13 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hi Amy, "drugs" covers a huge range of compounds; were the drugs in question psychadelics? I think in Grahams book a convincing case is made that psychadelics are likely to be that thing which has made us human. However, if you don't want to do it that is really more than enough reason not to. Best, Anthony
Forum: Inner Space
13 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hi Amy, what you are talking about here is more one of personal philosophy or even more basic; one of temperament than indeed religion or any such thing. Basically it boils down to how adventurous you are. You dont even need to be a human to see the results. Think of pets - some dogs/cats/rabbits/whatever are more adventurous and curious than others. There is no wrong or right in this - it is
Forum: Inner Space
13 years ago
Anthony Taylor
:-) more later Amy, my uncousciousness calls :P Best, Anthony
Forum: Inner Space
13 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hey Amy > First of all, I think you must ask yourself what it is you seek > in the experience. LOL, what makes you think I didn’t? > The thing with drugs is that it momentarily opens up a window. > If you do not know what you're seeking, you'll become lost and > the victim of illusions. Your whole sensory apparatus opens up a window. Even without taking any drugs you can beco
Forum: Inner Space
13 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hi Amy, as I said a trip is a very, very moving experience. It really needs to be treated with respect. There is no evidence that it is chemically addictive. The only other thing i can think of which a lot of people here will have some experience with when talking of altered states of consciousness; is when you have very moving sex. I'm not talking about any special positions or anything like t
Forum: Inner Space
13 years ago
Anthony Taylor
19. Hmmme
Hi Jared, Sangreal Sea wrote: An almost > "Presidential class" flight I might add, 1st class seats with > lots of leg room, and of course the window seat. However, most > important, a smooth landing ;-) Good on you;-) I find it interesting that you, like Graham liken a psychedelic experience to having your reset button pushed. I know a number of people who would say the sa
Forum: Inner Space
13 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Eugenia wrote: > Also I hanhg around a lot of atheists, for people that don't > believe in God they sure like to talk about him a lot, lol > Thats like saying that peaceniks must actually like war - because they spend a lot of time talking about it - hehe wirelessguru1 wrote: > Actually there is a very easy explanation, because their > religion is anti-God...So they are looking
Forum: Inner Space
14 years ago
Anthony Taylor
And what of the Holy Gost, or Big Smokey as his friends like to call him? Anthony
Forum: Inner Space
14 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hi Kattmanndoo, > Here is the premise I started with: > > Many philosphers considered moderation and/or balance to be > God/King/Ruler of all. > > Homeric traditions praised moderation. No dispute :-) > > Xenophanes states "He remains always in the same place,without > moving,nor is fitting that he should come and go,first to one > place and then to another
Forum: Inner Space
14 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hi Lee, firstly to you main post: nice one:-) Course you´re going to have t be careful now since they want to put ID into the biology class:-( I´m a bit astonished by some of the crass argumentation on this thread. Although, it looks quite intellectual, what with is discussion of Greek etymology and suchlike; but a self-referenced argument is self-referenced, however prettily it is dressed up.
Forum: Inner Space
14 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hi Kat, think of a virus: it can be crystallized and stored for many years. In that time no metabolism takes place. and yet...... it reproduces. The line is not absolute Whether you say it is alive or not I can find a number of very learned experts who will dispute what you say. In your latest example the absolute is defined by its relationship to life and death. this is a construct. My feeli
Forum: Inner Space
14 years ago
Anthony Taylor
25. Dualism
Kattmanndoo wrote: > Wouldn’t one need a reference point in order to determine chaos > and order? Wouldn’t one need a reference point for being > formless/void and formed/voidless? The only point of reference > needed is balance. Once the balance/balancer is figured out, > then one can call something chaos and order from that > perspective. So God is Balance, not only from a
Forum: Inner Space
15 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hey Anne-Marie, sorry to have gone quiet on you. I don't have internet at home so I only really get around to this in the office, usually in the evenings and sometimes not for ages. Anyway, interesting question you pose there. I'm wondering if this is also not a question of semantics when thinking about many souls. If so, it kind of makes the answer easier. When reading one of Briffits posts o
Forum: Inner Space
15 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Dear Marduk, Your post reminds me of a question that my 81/2 year old daughter Lara asked me the other day. She wanted to know if I believed that the ghost of her cat, Kittek, who died a few years ago still accompanies her. Since I am not equipped with the enviable certainty of somebody like David here, I ended up describing three scenarios that came to mind: 1. Every 7 years for a human you a
Forum: Inner Space
15 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Hi Chris, > As I understand it, people of Mr. Hancock's ilk (like Tom > Harpur) argue that accounts such as the Sumerian Epic of > Gilgamesh are more ancient than the biblical narrative. The > difficulty with this is that generally it's thought the more > recent the narrative, more overblown and exaggerated it > becomes. > > Yet, in the Sumerian Epic, Gilgamesh is said
Forum: Inner Space
15 years ago
Anthony Taylor
wirelessguru1 wrote: > > IMHO when one can "master" evil and with one single 180 > degree judo move convert all that negative energy to positive > and/or neutral (by flipping it!)... > > It is a re-merge process back into the nucleous... > > Tremendous energy on that... > Good one Guru. I remember my maths teacher telling me about a little girl who could i
Forum: Inner Space
15 years ago
Anthony Taylor
Mmmme, competing takes on God Consciousness? It seems there is plenty of talk of individuals reaching the so-called Christ-Consciousness and surely for many he is our God. Yet others say there are many more levels beyond that, so even our Christ Consciousness Character has not accomplished the final merging and is yet a creator. I think it is fair to say that long, long before the ultimate merg
Forum: Inner Space
Pages: 12345...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 32