Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Go to: Forum HomeBoardNew Topic

Current Page: 2 of 10
Results 31 - 60 of 275
4 years ago
charly
DScribr wrote: > charly wrote: > > > I take that as a yes... > > > > The striations / groves come from grains loosened by the > drill > > and turned around in the hole before turned to dust. Nothing > to > > do with feed rate... > > > > This mistake was made by... Flinders Petrie, the father of > > Egyptology!!! A mistake that was al
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
I take that as a yes... The striations / groves come from grains loosened by the drill and turned around in the hole before turned to dust. Nothing to do with feed rate... This mistake was made by... Flinders Petrie, the father of Egyptology!!! A mistake that was already corrected ... a century ago!!! You can see how this is beyond priceless: Many posters here persist that Egyptology hasn't e
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
Origyptian wrote: > Pyramids in funerary > context is merely imaginary and never proven. The canopic jar, > chest, recess, wrapping etc. is pure speculation. The bow-drill > and copper cylinders, a baseless extrapolation. The context you > believe that stuff belongs in is based in extremely untenable > evidence. Rather, that evidence supports the adaption context > at least
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
Wait a minute, don't tell me all the fuss about advanced technology is again based on the old misconception that the striations / groves are a result of the feed rate???
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
Jon Ellison wrote: > charly wrote: > But...no traces of an earlier advanced > > civilisation in the stratigrafical or archaeological record. > > > Why would we find examples of stonework done by an earlier > > advanced civilisation only in a dynastic AE context and no > > where else? > > Because the earlier stonework was found and re purposed by the >
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
Jon Ellison wrote: > charly wrote: > > > OCaptain wrote: > > > > > And you need to place these images in some sort of context > > > before they can mean anything. > > > > > > Exactly, showing some more examples of drilling holes Ori > > thinks the AE coudn't have made has nothing to do with > > stratigrafical or archaeological
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
OCaptain wrote: > And you need to place these images in some sort of context > before they can mean anything. Exactly, showing some more examples of drilling holes Ori thinks the AE coudn't have made has nothing to do with stratigrafical or archaeological context. Contexts were there is no trace of the appearance of a so called advanced civilisation.
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
Origyptian wrote: > charly wrote: > > > There's no evidence supporting a lost earlier more advanced > > civilisation, since there are no traces of such a > civilisation > > in the archaeological reccord. Like Lehner said "Show me a > > potsherd of such a civilisation". Civilisations don't just > > leave big buildings, they leave a lot more small
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
Jon Ellison wrote: > charly wrote: > > > You have doubts about the sarcophagus or are you part of the > > mysterious stone box believers? > > I don't believe anything , I know that it is a stone box, which > it clearly is.. > Anything else is speculation. The typology of those "stone boxes" is well known, they're called sarcophagi and are used for bur
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
.
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
Origyptian wrote: > charly wrote: > > > Pyramids weren't meant to be reopened... > > What possible evidence can you point to that justifies such a > definitive claim? Because of the blocking stones? We seem to turn in circles here... > > ...there's no doubt the GP was Khufu's tomb. > > How can you make such a definitive statement when there is > virtu
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
Jon Ellison wrote: > charly wrote: > > > > > > Well, to me it's pretty obvious, the sarcophagus leaves no > > doubt about that. > > Good for you.. > > You have doubts about the sarcophagus or are you part of the mysterious stone box believers? > > > The same could be said of a bank > > > vault or bomb shelter. > > > >
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
Origyptian wrote: > I believe that one critically important feature in G1 that has > been horribly misinterpreted and overlooked is the main > entrance. If it is true that the pyramid was originally covered > totally with casing stones, there there seems to be well over > 1000 tons of stone missing from the main entrance. leaving that > enormous cavity behind. Why would anyone
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
cladking wrote: > charly wrote: > > > No problem at all, but it seems a waste of time since there's > > no doubt the GP was Khufu's tomb. Why do some people have a > > problem with the research of Egyptology concerning the > > pyramids? Is it perhaps because some people want to dream > about > > aliens, lost civilisations and lost technologies? And because
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
Jon Ellison wrote: > charly wrote: > > > Jon Ellison wrote: > > > > > > > What is a tombe-y thing? How many confirmed tombe-y things > > are > > > in the great pyramid... ZERO.. > > > > Most important tombe-y thing: the sarcophagus and then of > > course the porticulis blocks and blocking stones, all > features > > we
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
Jon Ellison wrote: > What is a tombe-y thing? How many confirmed tombe-y things are > in the great pyramid... ZERO.. Most important tombe-y thing: the sarcophagus and then of course the porticulis blocks and blocking stones, all features we find in the surrounding mastabas...no one has problems with those being tombs...
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
Here you can find a pdf version of Stocks' Stoneworking technology in Ancient Egypt: I remember seeing a documentary whith Stocks but that was years ago, could have been NatGeo.
Forum: Mysteries
4 years ago
charly
Origyptian wrote: > Hanslune wrote: > > > Ramps not debunked - why do you persist with this? lol > > Perhaps because there is no physical evidence to support ramps? Why would you say that? Of course there is physical evidence to support ramps, there has been for years and it's hardly a secret. Since ramps would be removed once a pyramid(complex) was finished we should expec
Forum: Mysteries
6 years ago
charly
Scott Creighton wrote: > QuoteKL: They certainly weren't tombs but rather cult places > in the provinces for the king. > > SC: They were "...cult places in the provinces for the king." > Really? Prove it. > > SC An offering table, a stela (with cartouche Sneferu) and fragmentary remains of statues of Sneferu have been found on the east? side of the Seila pyrami
Forum: Mysteries
6 years ago
charly
Titus Livius wrote: > Anyway, you can find here the same old problem about Sneferu's > building passion. And he is not not only credited with these > three pyramids. If I am not mistaken, he is credited for a > fourth pyramid, a primeval mound at Seila (Fayum). So, you have > one pharao building four different pyramids in a few decades > (supposed to be tombs or "spare tom
Forum: Mysteries
6 years ago
charly
Scott Creighton wrote: > SC: What is "preposterous" is the continuing cherry-picking by > consensus Egyptology of Manetho's work and the ignoring those > aspects that present awkward problems. What you call cherry-picking is in reality a critical examination of Manetho's work. Do you expect historians and egyptologists to accept Manetho's work blindly, without doing any rese
Forum: Mysteries
6 years ago
charly
Scott Creighton wrote: > QuoteKL: Why would the "great pyramids" be build around the > "cores" of older structures from a lost advanced civilisation? > Is there even a reason to assume such a civilisation ever > existed in Egypt? Like Lehner said: "Show me a potsherd of such > a civilisation..." Fact is, there are no traces of a lost > civilisation
Forum: Mysteries
6 years ago
charly
Thanos5150 wrote: > Though it is not known who built the Pyramid at Meidum, most > Egyptologists theorize construction was completed in stages > beginning with the 3rd Dynasty pharaoh Huni and finished by his > alleged son Snefuru, whom Egyptologists also credit as the > builder of the Bent and Red pyramids at Dashur. Huni remains an > enigmatic pharaoh and though well attested
Forum: Mysteries
6 years ago
charly
Thanos5150 wrote: > Like the great pyramids, the Giza temples lack > carvings/paintings as well and for a long time that is how they > thought the 4th dynasty was, maybe they had some aversion to > it, but when they excavated Sneferu’s Valley Temple at the Bent > Pyramid in 1951 it was found to be lavishly adorned with > carvings and painting of all things Snefuru including his
Forum: Mysteries
7 years ago
charly
Scott Creighton wrote: > QuoteSC: Many mastabas and underground tombs were infinitely > more lavish than any colossal, above-ground pyramid, including > royal examples from the 4th dynasty that are contemporary with > Khufu. And mastabas continued through the 5th and 6th dynasties > to be lavishly decorated affairs whilst the pyramids, in > comparison, remained stark and ‘soull
Forum: Mysteries
7 years ago
charly
Scott Creighton wrote: > QuoteKL: Many mastabas and the sarcophagi in them didn't have > any inscriptions either. Names were not nescessary in this > period, the above pertains to later periods. > > SC: Nonsense. It is clear from the evidence presented that > royal sarcophagi were inscribed with names and titles as were > royal mastaba tombs during the 4th dynasty. That’s w
Forum: Mysteries
7 years ago
charly
Scott Creighton wrote: > KL: It is very unlikely all royal tombs from the 1st and 2nd > dyn were robbed at the time the AE started to build pyramids, > maybe a few were broken into but nothing dramatic so no need > for major changes. > > SC: You have no idea how many tombs were robbed at the time the > AEs started to build pyramids. Robbers didn’t suddenly > materialise
Forum: Mysteries
7 years ago
charly
Scott Creighton wrote: > KL: Many mastabas and the sarcophagi in them didn't have any > inscriptions either. Names were not nescessary in this period, > the above pertains to later periods. > > SC: Nonsense. It is clear from the evidence presented that > royal sarcophagi were inscribed with names and titles as were > royal mastaba tombs during the 4th dynasty. That’s what
Forum: Mysteries
7 years ago
charly
Scott Creighton wrote: > KL: If they'd stuck to mastabas these still would have been the > biggest mastabas and tomb robbers wouldn't have to think twice > in which tombs the catch would be the biggest. All 1st and 2nd > dyn royal mastabas were robbed too you know. > SC: Exactly. And AE kings and queens of the period would have > known about such robberies. And, if common sens
Forum: Mysteries
7 years ago
charly
Scott Creighton wrote: > QuoteKL: 1) First it is proposed that it's abnormal that the > AE started building big pyramids as tombs, that it doesn't make > any sense. > > SC: Why the sudden "leap" (your word in another post in this > thread) from mastaba to pyramid? For hundreds (if not > thousands) of years AE kings managed quite happily to reach the > Afterlif
Forum: Mysteries
Current Page: 2 of 10