Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Yes, I have written about Wiseman extensively. First, in my first book Parapsychology and the Skeptics. Then I wrote 2 articles for the book Debating Psychic Experiences, ed. Stan Krippner. Most recently, I wrote an article for the Journal of the Society for Psychical Research, in response to an article Wiseman wrote for that CSI's organ of propaganda, Skeptical Inquirer.

Article can be found here: [www.skepticalinvestigations.org]

I disagree however, with the claim that Wiseman's methods are "brilliant." They are easy to see through, and based upon two simple tactics:

1. botching the statistical analysis,
2. using some arbitrary, irrelevant criterion to ignore or dismiss the data.

Frankly, I am amazed that anyone takes Wiseman seriously. I can only suppose that the deniers are so desperate to have their dying ideology taken seriously that they will accept Wiseman as one of their champions.

Genuine skepticism plays an important role in science, but skepticism is the practice of doubt, not of denial. These peoples are not true skeptics, but phony skeptics, deniers.

Chris Carter

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Lies, damned lies, and what Richard Wiseman reports 204 Me 23-Dec-10 01:14
Re: Lies, damned lies, and what Richard Wiseman reports 60 Chris Carter 23-Dec-10 15:36
Re: Lies, damned lies, and what Richard Wiseman reports 182 Me 23-Dec-10 16:20
Re: Lies, damned lies, and what Richard Wiseman reports 54 Chris Carter 28-Dec-10 18:12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.