Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Had a spot of time to think over this. I recall a documentary where the usual pseudosceptics (Blackmoore, Wiseman etc) responded to this type of evidence by suggesting that the memories were created by hallucination in the mid-brain. I have to say that sounded a little desperate at the time, more so considering that Pam had no brainstem activity and no way to hear or see the details she reported.

I am strongly of the opinion that NDE cases need to be stratified between those with confirmable descriptions of events whilst clinically dead and those which simply describe a profound personal experience. The latter can be dismissed as hallucination whilst the former cannot.

Have you built up an archetypal profile of an NDE? I understand that there are cross-cultural similarities as well as cultural conformities in reported experiences. Western cases being more likely to describe seeing relatives for example.

www.jarillion.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Question for AOM Chris Carter. Best example case? 158 Me 04-Dec-10 00:31
Re: Question for AOM Chris Carter. Best example case? 54 Chris Carter 06-Dec-10 21:17
Re: Question for AOM Chris Carter. Best example case? 124 Me 08-Dec-10 02:43
The Sound 77 David L 09-Dec-10 03:11
Re: Question for AOM Chris Carter. Best example case? 176 Me 09-Dec-10 00:51
Re: Question for AOM Chris Carter. Best example case? 49 David L 09-Dec-10 02:35
Re: Question for AOM Chris Carter. Best example case? 127 Me 10-Dec-10 00:56
Re: Question for AOM Chris Carter. Best example case? 48 Chris Carter 09-Dec-10 14:06

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.