Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister

I would like to ask you:
- Do you believe Don Juan was real?

That is a great question. One would be tempted to dismiss all of Castaneda's work as fiction - definitely, anthropologically it is highly unbelievable. We had a feature on Reality Sandwich looking at the inaccuracies and inconsistencies in Castaneda's work. However, it is still compelling and some of it seems to have real validity. For instance I had an experience with the "Assemblage Point," which I described in 2012. And then you also have other people who claim to have been in his group, and have written books.

I suppose Don Juan was based on some prototype, perhaps shares some characteristics with a real person, but it was truly hard to see. Castaneda's work is a bit daimonic, in Patrick Harpur's definition of it.

- How can human race improve/evolve without knowing this "flyer" impediment?

I haven't really had experience with Flyers or inorganic beings, so it doesnt resonate with me.

- Do we all have to become sorcerers?

No definitely not. Most people have no interest in exploring these domains. However, it would be good if the mass culture understood that it was good to have shamans, sorcerers, visionaries and that they provided an essential function.

- Are you a kind of a sorcerer?

I would say my archetype is closest to that of a wizard. Books can be seen as spells that then have an effect in the world.

- Is it best not to think about this stuff?

That's an individual choice.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
The Active Side of Infinity 201 brianM 14-Nov-09 16:38
Re: The Active Side of Infinity 137 obsolete 14-Nov-09 19:46
Re: The Active Side of Infinity 104 daniel pinchbeck 17-Nov-09 03:53
Re: The Active Side of Infinity 61 brianM 17-Nov-09 18:28
Re: The Active Side of Infinity 186 Hoppy 17-Nov-09 19:51
Re: The Active Side of Infinity 200 Hoppy 25-Nov-09 02:26
Re: The Active Side of Infinity 120 obsolete 25-Nov-09 03:57
Re: The Active Side of Infinity 112 brianM 25-Nov-09 19:28
Re: The Active Side of Infinity 192 Hoppy 25-Nov-09 20:33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.