Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Luke Wrote:

Hi Jonathan

jonathan black wrote:

> demonstrations of the power of disemobied intelligence to
> change the course of events, but I've also come to appreciate
> some of the ways they need us.

From my own observations and understandings, I've seen that the disincarnate intelligences that exist around us - whether they be power plant spirits, spirit guides or anything else - they exist on the level of cause, and we live on the level of effect. They need us to get things done, and we need them to help guide us to getting the right things done. So far as I can tell, anyway.

This was a continuation on Luke's thought in the post. I think that what this is dealing with has serious weight in connection to what Graham has been dealing with.

Luke wrote:

> ",,they exist on the level of cause, and we live on the level of effect."

The quote to follow is from a book by author Peter J. Carroll called "Liber Null & Psychonaut- A Study in Chaos Magick" published in the late eighties. Here he talks about the Occult "Modus Operandi". In light of Grahams book Supernatural, some of what he says may seem a bit redundant at first, but he continues:

It therefore follows that if it was a [multi-dimensional] universe, all the things we perceive as existing solid objects in "our reality" are merely the way that [multi-dimensional] objects appear to us. This may seem a nonsensical complication, but it was raised to demonstrate that we might be living in a [multi-dimensional] reality yet be unable to perceive it as such. What would be the consequences if this were so? It would actually explain a great deal beyond some obscure problems in fundamental physics. Firstly it would explain why we seem to live in a world of effect rather an a world of cause. We seem only able to measure effects. We have no idea how anything causes anything in a final sense. All our so-called physical laws are merely catalogs of effects we have come to expect. Our power to actually cause events is illusory. We merely arrange things to make certain effects more probable, but we can't get hold of the root causes themselves. This is hardly surprising if we are unable to interact with the full dimensionality of an event. As the Qabbalists have said, the causal world exits as a hidden dimension.

...If we could gain access to the causal world, infinite power and possibility might be available at a whim if we were still interested...

The purpose of this study is not to rehabilitate science and magic, but to demonstrate that there are alternatives to irrationalism when it comes to erecting the theoretical basis of a magical modus operandi. If science ever did begin to make serious enquiry into magic, the result would be disaster. Humanity has proved itself totally incapable of handling even a moderately dangerous substance like plutonium with responsibility. Imagine what it would do with machine-enhanced sorcery or even simple, reliable telepathy. It is in the interests of the survival of the species that occultists continue to ridicule and discredit their own arts in the eyes of orthodox science.
Page 197-199

So not only are we dealing with just the interaction of spirits/ultra-terrestrials and humans on an interpersonal level; but could it be we are also dealing with the possibility that humans have the ability to interact with the raw materials if you like, of the causal world via connections with consciousness and cause manifested effects in conformity with creative will? Indeed then, we would be "made in Gods image" as the bible says, so to speak. Each of us little creators of mind into matter.

I wanted to share this anyways, as I think this occult issue of "Magick" is really important in relation to how control structures could use this tool to guide humanity down the dark road it seems to be on. I'd be really interested to hear if Graham had any thoughts on the subject of occult "Magick" and how that could relate to a multi-dimensional reality?

As you have said Graham, perhaps the time has come for these issues. And while Magick as an art of mind may need to remain "occult" for sometime to come, it seems to me to represent the furthest humans have come in realizing there cosmic potential.

Best Wishes

Jared

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" -Albert Einstein

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Secret History: a Lament for our times? 175 Graham Hancock 17-Nov-07 11:42
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 103 Diomede 17-Nov-07 21:29
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 128 Deep1 17-Nov-07 22:14
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 107 Raja 18-Nov-07 08:32
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 95 jonathan black 01-Dec-07 10:07
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 128 jonathan black 01-Dec-07 09:57
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 112 Karsten 09-Dec-12 02:55
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 114 Apocalypto 17-Nov-07 23:15
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 95 jonathan black 01-Dec-07 10:10
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 134 Blythe 18-Nov-07 06:15
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 113 Apocalypto 18-Nov-07 09:56
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 106 jonathan black 01-Dec-07 10:28
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 118 jonathan black 01-Dec-07 10:18
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 111 jonathan black 18-Nov-07 10:22
Disembodied intelligences 111 lukehancock 18-Nov-07 12:18
Re: Disembodied intelligences 185 Sangreal Sea 21-Nov-07 03:21
Re: Disembodied intelligences 117 solitaire 21-Nov-07 04:42
Re: Disembodied intelligences 118 Sangreal Sea 21-Nov-07 06:52
Re: Disembodied intelligences 117 jonathan black 01-Dec-07 10:43
Re: Disembodied intelligences 203 Sangreal Sea 03-Dec-07 04:22
Re: Disembodied intelligences 150 jonathan black 01-Dec-07 10:35
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 108 lukehancock 18-Nov-07 12:19
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 120 jonathan black 25-Nov-07 18:59
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 112 richarddullum 19-Nov-07 02:20
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 116 jonathan black 01-Dec-07 10:53
The Begotten Son = The Hermetica 233 Jaimi2 20-Nov-07 03:05
Re: The Begotten Son = The Hermetica 162 wendyinthewind 20-Nov-07 20:31
Re: The Begotten Son = The Hermetica 130 jonathan black 01-Dec-07 10:59
No Subject 98 michael seabrook 12-Dec-12 21:02
Thanks to Jonathan...& Graham 69 KMRalls 01-Dec-07 11:14
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 121 cladking 09-Dec-12 03:47
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 103 Sirius7237 15-Dec-12 23:17
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 121 Karsten 16-Dec-12 03:55
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 116 Sirius7237 16-Dec-12 19:38
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 85 Karsten 16-Dec-12 20:23
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 217 Milo 09-Feb-13 17:48
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 79 endofworldbook 10-Feb-13 02:32
Re: Secret History: a Lament for our times? 92 Milo 10-Feb-13 20:41
I'm glad to see this post revived 76 David L 10-Feb-13 21:13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.