Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hi Claude,

This may be helpful to you; or for your notes or whatever.

I see what Gert is saying when he says heylel as morning star but what he is saying is'nt reason to say that heylel correctly translated is morning star. If the correct translation in this instance were to merely be morning star (boqer kokab) would have been used. Further; some of my research seems to indicate (despite what all these "bible dictionaries" say) - at this time - that the word heylel is meant as soldier; bright soldier; or leader of soldiers. Could be another reason (other than the meaning of the parts which make up the word lucifer)-(which is translated from heylel), that some people regard lucifer him or it-self as something good. In the context of the Isaiah lines though; it seems to be refering to something or someone (or a personified something) that once was good which turned egotistical and fell from heaven.

Rich

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
resurrecting my Lucifer thread because of new information 438 Joyeuse 04-Apr-05 02:21
Re: resurrecting my Lucifer thread because of new information 208 infintesimal 04-Apr-05 10:30
Re: resurrecting my Lucifer thread because of new information 218 Joyeuse 04-Apr-05 13:36
Re: resurrecting my Lucifer thread because of new information 221 Paoputzu 04-Apr-05 16:18
Re: resurrecting my Lucifer thread because of new information 192 Joyeuse 04-Apr-05 17:05
Re: resurrecting my Lucifer thread because of new information 215 Paoputzu 04-Apr-05 19:22
Re: resurrecting my Lucifer thread because of new information 178 JamesH 04-Apr-05 18:20
Re: resurrecting my Lucifer thread because of new information 219 g.k.mast 12-Apr-05 13:43
Re: resurrecting my Lucifer thread because of new information 186 Joyeuse 12-Apr-05 17:10
Re: resurrecting my Lucifer thread because of new information 254 SunSword 12-Apr-05 18:40
Re: resurrecting my Lucifer thread because of new information 165 Joyeuse 13-Apr-05 18:33
Re: resurrecting my Lucifer thread because of new information 233 Cesar 12-Apr-05 20:15
Re: resurrecting my Lucifer thread because of new information 241 Joyeuse 13-Apr-05 18:35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.