Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hi Lee and all,

You said: "Sex is a sin. Women are sex. Women are sinful."

Please allow me, I see it like this.

If we romantically define sexuality as a cloud of energy that sometimes mysteriously engulfs us to keep the species alive, one can not forget to also say that sex is the most profound and closest of connections to the material world we as species have.
(Running blind folded into a brick wall probably takes second place, hehehe.)

Seriously though, one can argue that sex is therefore at a maximum distance from ones spiritual being.

People who are convinced that we are here for spiritual purposes only can therefore have some problems with sex as they probably perceive sex as distraction from that higher, non material goal.

So far so good.

Trouble starts when men start to create rules to limit female behaviour as if that is the solution for their distraction. My advice to these men would be to pack up their belongings and go sit in the dessert pondering about life for the remainder of their life, not troubling any one else.

I also suspect that, because of our sometimes very confrontational mating selection process, a number of men have invented systems to protect themselves against butchered pride, broken harts, group mayhem, etcetera, again by limiting female behaviour.

My idea is that the "Sex is a sin. Women are sex. Women are sinful." concept is closely related to the two mechanisms I tried to put in words above.

Regards,

Kees

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Welcome to Gordon Strachan + about the original sin 498 Joyeuse 04-Apr-05 01:23
Re: Welcome to Gordon Strachan + about the original sin 167 Gordon Strachan 04-Apr-05 15:53
Re: Welcome to Gordon Strachan + about the original sin 165 Joyeuse 04-Apr-05 16:53
Re: Welcome to Gordon Strachan + about the original sin 174 Gordon Strachan 07-Apr-05 15:21
Original sin 214 Lee McGiffen 09-Apr-05 08:50
Limiting female behaviour 196 Kees 09-Apr-05 20:50
Re: Limiting female behaviour 200 Lee McGiffen 10-Apr-05 09:42
Re: Limiting female behaviour 242 Kees 10-Apr-05 09:53
Re: Limiting female behaviour 108 Joyeuse 10-Apr-05 18:02
Re: Limiting female behaviour 115 Joyeuse 10-Apr-05 18:54
Re: Original sin 174 Joyeuse 10-Apr-05 17:53
Re: Welcome to Gordon Strachan + about the original sin 136 debraregypt 11-Apr-05 13:25
Re: Welcome to Gordon Strachan + about the original sin 193 Joyeuse 11-Apr-05 14:23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.