Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hi Greg and all,

On behalf of the GH.com team I welcome you to the boards and I hope you will have a good time here :-))

On your post, you said: "For instance, the well-known self-portrait of Poussin has the 'shepherdess' in the background, with a 'third eye' represented at the top of her head."

Well, Jaimi and I went to Paris last year and stood in front of that very same painting in the Poussin hall in The Louvre. It was only then that I saw that there was an eye instead of jewellery.

Although I can understand that you think that the woman on that self portrait is the shepherdess, I feel there to be no absolute proof of that.

We know Poussin used some figures in several paintings, so I went over all the paintings of Poussin to find another depiction of this woman and you are right, the shepherdess comes close but it's no "perfect" match.

In the Dance to the music of time painting you can find a resemblance also.

Do you have any other sources that tell us the woman in the self portrait is indeed the Shepherdess from The Shepherds of Arcadia painting?

BTW, who do you think is holding her?

Regards,

Kees

Pictures linked from:

[keptar.demasz.hu]
www.artchive.com

www.AstraeaMagazine.com
The Right-Click to knowledge

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Greg article/book query 681 Cesar 04-Feb-05 18:05
Re: Greg article/book query 218 Greg_Taylor 04-Feb-05 21:32
Re: Greg article/book query 274 Cesar 05-Feb-05 11:15
Re: Greg article/book query 208 Greg_Taylor 06-Feb-05 12:10
Re: Greg article/book query 279 Kees 06-Feb-05 12:47
Re: Greg article/book query 222 Greg_Taylor 07-Feb-05 00:46
Re: Greg article/book query 389 Cesar 07-Feb-05 09:00
Re: Greg article/book query 241 Joyeuse 06-Feb-05 22:13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.