Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Dear Michael

I often wondered why in many spiritual traditions it is recommended to reduce meat in the diet to a minimum or even avoid it at all. Of course I respect vegetarians or almost-vegetarians, for whatever reasons they live that way. For myself, meat is absolutely important though. As I found my own "perfect" diet by avoiding sugars and carbohydrates almost entirely, my diet consists since a few years of meat, salads, vegetables, dairy products, eggs and fish, with occasional fruit exceptions. I found this way of alimentation long before Atkins got "en vogue" again, actually I heard only much later about it. I came upon this by my own research and thinking about the origins of agriculture and the consequences for humanity, and on the other hand by a Chinese doctor who cured my mother of almost all her health problems with this diet.
The change of diet restored my health and well-being extremely (apart from my back problems which stem from 3 accidents - but even those are easier to bear than before); my energies came back, I got into a better mood, my blood pressure sank, my skin is pure now, sleep is better, weight is normal for the first time in my adult life etc. etc. Mentally I'm much more awake than before, my head is clear, more focused, I forgot what it means to feel hungry, I eat more consciently and only when I feel the physical need (no more urges, no more cravings...) to eat - and in the end, I need much less food than before, including less meat (which is only relatively more than before, absolutely, it is less). Whenever I eat a potato or a slice of bread I get sick.
I dare say as well that spiritually I made the greatest progress after changing my diet, although I can't prove that this wouldn't have happened otherwise, but I'm sure that it helped, because my body is not so important or imposing as before, the body is at ease, so mind and soul are free to advance.

Of course this is just my very personal experience, and I would never say that what is good for me is good for everyone. I eat meat with great consideration and respect, and as far as the purse allows, I choose the kind of meat carefully. But I would never let the meat aside, and I don't feel that it hinders me in progressing. Anyway I'm very interested where the recommendation to not eat meat comes from, why, etc. (yes, especially why).
If you could elaborate a little about the reasons, I'd be very interested in that.
Thanks a lot (also for being here!) and kind regards, Ima

I am old, tired and full of no coffee. - R. Chandler

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 1011 Joyeuse 23-Dec-04 20:12
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 337 Michael Cremo 24-Dec-04 18:12
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 341 Joyeuse 24-Dec-04 20:53
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 373 JimH 25-Dec-04 10:42
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 307 Joyeuse 25-Dec-04 17:33
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 324 Michael Cremo 25-Dec-04 17:57
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 346 JimH 29-Dec-04 02:09
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 310 Joyeuse 29-Dec-04 10:20
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 333 Michael Cremo 25-Dec-04 17:55
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 311 Joyeuse 25-Dec-04 19:56
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 315 Ima Sumac 26-Dec-04 11:34
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 367 Joyeuse 27-Dec-04 14:56
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 320 Ima Sumac 27-Dec-04 18:26
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 308 Laird Scranton 25-Dec-04 16:24
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 366 SphinxGirl 24-Dec-04 23:49
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 300 Joyeuse 25-Dec-04 01:55
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 326 SphinxGirl 25-Dec-04 20:02
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 325 timebanditx 27-Dec-04 05:56
Long time no see!!! 289 Kees 27-Dec-04 09:18
Re: Long time no see!!! 338 timebanditx 27-Dec-04 12:14
Re: Long time no see!!! 340 Jaimi2 29-Dec-04 16:57
Stranger and stranger..... 604 timebanditx 30-Dec-04 02:18
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 370 Joyeuse 27-Dec-04 15:03

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.