Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Dear Michael,

I got by mistake your book Impact from the Library instead of Forbidden Archeaology and/or Human Devolution hence I haven't read your book yet but an excerpt posted on this board of "Joan d'Arc interview of Michael Cremo" drew my attention (as an aside Joan d'Arc as a real name I have my doubts, lol).

As I couldn't find the excerpt posted I searched the net for it and voila :

source : [www.biped.info]

Excerpt from Joan d'Arc interview of Michael Cremo

"Modern geologists give the earth an age of about 6 billion years. I think there is also a Vedic parallel here as well. First, we have to keep in mind that the Vedic conception of the universe is that it's pretty much like a virtual reality system, giving the conscious self a temporary domain of experience, apart from the eternal domain of the realm of pure consciousness, or spirit. Under this conception, I picture the earth, our particular domain of experience, as being somewhat like a rewritable CD or DVD disk. It's erased at the end of each day of Brahma."

My comments

I am not familiar with vedic conception of the universe but I am concerned about the way one could interpret such a concept of taking this world
like a "virtual reality". Is there not a risk of deshumanization in this process ?
I see a great danger especially for the young generation to lose touch with reality and think that it is ok to do whatever they please without concern for others.

I am not saying that this theory is wrong or right I am saying that if this theory was to be emphasized a lot of caution should be taken to avoid the pitfall to be perverted or misunderstood.

You see history is full of examples of prophets whose teachings have been perverted to no end and I see like a danger in this vedic conception.

Forgive me for playing devil's advocate but there is already a great concern because of the internet and the easy way to be hooked and addicted to it that soon people and especially the young ones live in
a virtual reality and lost the human contact and concern for those around them struggling with a more down to earth life. It is more a concern in Canada where 75% of households have at least one computer and where the cold climate favors staying indoor and using the computer.

Did you think about that when embracing this attractive conception of seeing our world as virtual reality ?

Best,

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 1010 Joyeuse 23-Dec-04 20:12
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 336 Michael Cremo 24-Dec-04 18:12
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 340 Joyeuse 24-Dec-04 20:53
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 372 JimH 25-Dec-04 10:42
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 306 Joyeuse 25-Dec-04 17:33
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 323 Michael Cremo 25-Dec-04 17:57
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 346 JimH 29-Dec-04 02:09
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 310 Joyeuse 29-Dec-04 10:20
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 332 Michael Cremo 25-Dec-04 17:55
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 310 Joyeuse 25-Dec-04 19:56
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 315 Ima Sumac 26-Dec-04 11:34
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 367 Joyeuse 27-Dec-04 14:56
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 320 Ima Sumac 27-Dec-04 18:26
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 307 Laird Scranton 25-Dec-04 16:24
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 365 SphinxGirl 24-Dec-04 23:49
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 299 Joyeuse 25-Dec-04 01:55
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 325 SphinxGirl 25-Dec-04 20:02
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 325 timebanditx 27-Dec-04 05:56
Long time no see!!! 289 Kees 27-Dec-04 09:18
Re: Long time no see!!! 338 timebanditx 27-Dec-04 12:14
Re: Long time no see!!! 340 Jaimi2 29-Dec-04 16:57
Stranger and stranger..... 604 timebanditx 30-Dec-04 02:18
Re: post for Michael Cremo on Vedic conception of the world as virtual reality 370 Joyeuse 27-Dec-04 15:03

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.