Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
What was the reasoning behind the confusion created in the Tower of Babel?

Compare this:

Hermes next inquired about the road by which the wise attained to Life eternal, and Poimandres continued: "Let the man endued with a Mind mark, consider, and learn of himself, and with the power of his Mind divide himself from his not-self and become a servant of Reality. (Poimandres, The Vision of Hermes sourced from sacred texts.com: Manly P. Hall, The Secret Teachings from All Ages, 1928)

To this:

And he requires everyone--small and great, rich and poor, free and slave--to be given a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark: the beast's name or the number of his name.
Here is wisdom: The one who has understanding must calculate the number of the beast, because it is the number of a man. His number is 666.
(Book of Revelation 13:16-18)

The Book of Revelation, far better known than the Hermetic texts in our times, expresses the danger in this number, 666, appearing to warn against investigating it any further. My post GNOSIS, 666 explains it as the encryption of Gnosis, the ultimate knowledge, through the lens of the source language; Sumerian.

Clearly, the danger exists. But for whom? Did the Revelation version of 666 serve to counter pre-existing Hermetic texts, to suppress the desire to obtain further knowledge through fear? To remain in the darkness and under some form of external mind control? Does 666 in the Poimandre text refer to the passage through the darkness and the terrors lurking in minds, the demons that must be defeated before arriving at a place of light and finding there AMA, the most profound expression of love? That is the impression I get from my analysis of GIG-NUS and the presence, the essence of Hermeticism in the Sumerian texts, but please don't take my word for it. I'm still exploring the language and its extraordinary reach. Who is this man?

Madeleine
[madeleinedaines.com]

‘Hidden Meanings’ Part 1:
[grahamhancock.com]

Part 2 The Saying:
[grahamhancock.com]

Part 3 The Cabal:
[grahamhancock.com]

Part 4 A Toast to the Seven:
[grahamhancock.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
THE QUEEN OF SHEBA 1007 MDaines 21-Feb-20 14:08
THE NAME OF THE LORD 168 MDaines 23-Feb-20 08:46
Re: THE NAME OF THE LORD 166 Thunderbird 23-Feb-20 15:25
Enough! 162 MDaines 23-Feb-20 16:06
Re: Apology ** 152 Thunderbird 23-Feb-20 16:39
Please stop. 170 MDaines 23-Feb-20 16:54
THE BIRTH 151 MDaines 26-Feb-20 12:20
SAINT ANTHONY’S PIG 150 MDaines 27-Feb-20 10:37
Re: SAINT ANTHONY’S PIG 140 thirdpal 28-Feb-20 17:25
Re: SAINT ANTHONY’S PIG 147 MDaines 29-Feb-20 07:32
Re: SAINT ANTHONY’S PIG 127 thirdpal 02-Mar-20 17:17
Re: SAINT ANTHONY’S PIG 158 seasmith 03-Mar-20 01:03
Re: THE QUEEN OF SHEBA 212 magisterchessmutt 01-Apr-20 01:59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.