Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Dear Poster Boy (I don't think I've ever said that before!)

thank you for your input. I must say, your response to the 'non-read' article speaks of prejudices- but not necessarily mine -and remind me how threatening some words have become in our society that the mere mention of them result in a string of other word associations, just as threatening. It is not easy to speak up today about these matters as they are quite volatile, and yet it is essential that we do so however fragile the container of language might prove to be -for the nuance around such matters is endless- words and language is the only way we have.I will follow this with urging you to read the text, to spot yourself in your response, though I will of course respond to your main points nonetheless.

The premise of this article is nowhere near sexist or aiming to separate men from women or suggesting that this text is for special women's reading only. In fact the main premise of the text is that the feminine as an archetype is part of all of us, men as well as women. So is the masculine (which I myself have had overdeveloped for most of my life and still serves me extremely well but has been having to negotiate with the feminine a lot more!). We all hold the masculine and the feminine energies within us and need to cultivate a balance between the two internally.

Also my research is about exploring the intersections between the feminine archetype and altered states of consciousness. Perhaps another article could explore the intersections between the male archetype and altered states, to do so wouldn't necessarily be an attack on women.

I personally consider archetypes as symbolic representations of our psyche. If one does not ascribe to archetypes they could also understand these ideas as metaphors that helps us get nearer to matters that can be difficult to describe. We don't need to discard any metaphors in so far as they offer us a glimpse into something we can hold on to or utilize.

Regarding patriarchy, my view is that we are all victims of it to one extend or another. I have seen many posts recently questioning it's very existence, that for me is pure abc stuff, if we start negotiating at ground 0 we will never get anywhere. The greatest challenge patriarchy has created for men is that it has taught them to not feel their feelings and it can take men a lot to break through cultural conditioning and expectations to find a way through that barrier. The most sad and concrete way to understand the damage of this is to consider that suicide is the number one cause of death for young men.

As a therapist I work with both men and women, I hold them all in utmost respect for the humanity they bring to their work, and when we work with these internal elements (with both men and women) it is never to shame them, attack them or disempower them, it is to support them to access the breadth and depth of their inner resources.

I hope all of the above is reassuring :) If you read the article I would love to hear your sense of it, not necessarily on a male/female divide perspective but whether it is something you can relate to from within.

Maria

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Welcome to Maria Papaspyrou author of the month for December 2019 1179 Graham Hancock 04-Dec-19 10:01
Re: Welcome to Maria Papaspyrou author of the month for December 2019 224 PB Bytes 06-Dec-19 16:44
Re: Welcome to Maria Papaspyrou author of the month for December 2019 189 Susan Doris 06-Dec-19 18:00
Reply to poster boy 174 greengirl5 07-Dec-19 03:44
Re: Reply to poster boy 163 Susan Doris 07-Dec-19 05:49
Re: Reply to poster boy 160 greengirl5 07-Dec-19 11:31
Re: Reply to poster boy 156 PB Bytes 07-Dec-19 15:09
Re: Reply to poster boy 157 Susan Doris 07-Dec-19 16:21
Re: Reply to poster boy 218 PB Bytes 09-Dec-19 22:44
Re: Reply to poster boy 235 PB Bytes 26-Dec-19 17:40
Re: Welcome to Maria Papaspyrou author of the month for December 2019 184 Maria Papaspyrou 07-Dec-19 15:15
Re: Welcome to Maria Papaspyrou author of the month for December 2019 156 PB Bytes 07-Dec-19 15:20
Very relevant, don't you think? 155 greengirl5 07-Dec-19 21:39
Re: Welcome to Maria Papaspyrou author of the month for December 2019 154 PB Bytes 09-Dec-19 21:19
Re: Welcome to Maria Papaspyrou author of the month for December 2019 163 greengirl5 07-Dec-19 04:09
Re: Welcome to Maria Papaspyrou author of the month for December 2019 158 Susan Doris 07-Dec-19 05:52
Re: Welcome to Maria Papaspyrou author of the month for December 2019 155 greengirl5 07-Dec-19 08:22
Re: Welcome to Maria Papaspyrou author of the month for December 2019 164 Susan Doris 07-Dec-19 13:17
Re: Welcome to Maria Papaspyrou author of the month for December 2019 170 Maria Papaspyrou 07-Dec-19 15:39
Re: Welcome to Maria Papaspyrou author of the month for December 2019 163 greengirl5 07-Dec-19 21:46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.