Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Thankyou Evelyn for reminding me of the sacrifices made to heartily connect with Natural Reality. I have made it my ambition to make MYSELF the sacrifice in everyday living.

That rabbit I told you about visits infrequently. No matter. I have studied various traditions and have found that the common ground is self-sacrifice:
Quote from Proverbs: "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit (character) than he who takes (ravages) a city". (parentheses mine).

Being a shaman is not necessarily subordinate to Nature, but a belonging to Nature. Sacrifice is a personal commitment and endeavor to BE RESILIENT and UNMOVEABLE at the same stroke of intuitive behavior.

I just don't HAVE a desire to BE angry, nor do I want to anger others. I have some tough characters at my job. Anger is used by some to DEAL with stress. I do have feelings and spend time considering how I might be responsible for SOME OF OTHERS anger, though, I will not diminish myself for vanity (pride) that another may have. It is a rough game, but I consistently repose myself in the situations at work so as to maintain the balance of interactions with others. I choose NOT to react in kind with another, AND I seek a better relation with the other who has a temper practice.

I spent 15 years in a 12-step program and was forced to grow up and be responsible not only for my own actions but also was I reminded that others have similar troubles as myself. My youth was spent in foolishness and reactionary behavior. No longer do I benefit from those actions. My blood pressure thanks me for being a responsible person with no animosity toward another.

Two years and a half have I been altogether maturing EVEN MORE than before on this Forum. I accept the differences and make the effort to coordinate, as much as I am humanly possible, my words with others here. It is a hugh accomplishment for me to engender my words with the different folks here. I still have much to be grateful for and I still will sacrifice my ego to the common good. Practice makes generous gains in cooperation here on GHMB.

Again, thankyou for your insight and reminder to sacrifice myself to a more meaningful life of benign and responsive participation on this Forum. The story is not finished yet.

Blessings to you, Evelyn.

Uncreated and Uncreatable...
Which neither space nor time touches.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Gratitude 3271 EvelynRysdyk 23-Jan-19 14:52
Re: Gratitude 270 Poster Boy 23-Jan-19 16:35
Re: Gratitude 257 Susan Doris 23-Jan-19 19:16
Re: Gratitude 252 Poster Boy 23-Jan-19 22:32
Re: Gratitude 216 EvelynRysdyk 25-Jan-19 19:46
Re: Gratitude 222 greengirl5 25-Jan-19 22:36
Re: Gratitude 231 Susan Doris 23-Jan-19 19:11
Re: Gratitude 239 greengirl5 23-Jan-19 20:38
Re: Gratitude 223 Poster Boy 24-Jan-19 03:33
Re: Gratitude 229 Itatw70s 27-Jan-19 02:45
Re: Gratitude 372 andy_mac_27 04-Feb-19 20:44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.