Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Thank you Glenn for sharing your research and thank you Graham for hosting this important examination of the Ceremonial Stone Landscapes of the northeast region -- I am looking forward to learning more about the subject. I just posted a reply to your main article, Glenn, in which I added a couple links to some other interested (and potentially connected) sites in other nearby states such as Massachusetts and Connecticut, as well as some thoughts I've had for many years about possible parallels to the system of "oracle centers" that Robert K. G. Temple describes in the Mediterranean region (including Egypt, further West in North Africa, as well as up through the "Levant," Anatolia, Asia Minor and Greece).

Here is what I wrote underneath your original article, if you prefer to reply and discuss here under the AoM forum:

Glenn -- thank you for sharing your research, and for the work you are doing to analyze the sacred Ceremonial Stone Landscapes of the northeast region. I attended West Point from '87 - '91 and have fond memories of skydiving at the Blue Sky Ranch near New Paltz (starting when I was just 18 or 19), long before I became aware of the significance of the stone monuments in the area, but now I try to visit some of them whenever I am back there for any reason. I will look forward to buying and reading your book as soon as possible. You may be interested in some of the blog posts I've written over the years from various stone sites that I've visited (although my visits have been somewhat haphazard and I have not been able to put them into a coherent pattern such as those that you are discovering). Here is one about a visit in 2016 to the Balancing Rock in Holliston, Massachusetts: https://mathisencorollary.blogspot.com/2016/07/sacred-stone-sites-and-points-of.html (that post also contains some photos and description of a visit to the Rolling Rock in Fall River, Massachusetts). And here is one from 2011 about a visit to Gungywamp in Connecticut: https://mathisencorollary.blogspot.com/2011/10/gungywamp.html Those posts also contain links to some discussions about the Upton Chamber (also in Massachusetts) which I have visited a couple times, and which has alignments with the setting of the Pleiades and thus might have connections to what you have found in the Woodstock area and surrounds (one link to one of my discussions of the Upton Chamber is here: https://mathisencorollary.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-pleiades-upton-chamber-ancient.html ). Have you formed any theories or done any research regarding possible connections between the sites in the Shawangunk - Hudson Valley region near you and those in Connecticut and Massachusetts? It seems likely to me that, just as the various sites along the Nile River may map various constellations (united by the band of the Milky Way), these various sites in the Americas may similarly be part of a large "star chart" that has been "brought down" to the earth. The azimuthal alignments you have found between the sites in your area and which you show above are fascinating -- I have never seen anyone demonstrate those connections previously. I have also long had a suspicion (which I have not been able to pursue thus far) that if someone could demonstrate latitudinal or geodetic relationships between "oracle centers" in the Americas similar to those demonstrated by Robert K. G. Temple in The Sirius Mystery, Part 2 chapter 6 (visible online here: [www.bibliotecapleyades.net] ) then that would be a very significant parallel between sacred sites found on different sides of the planet. I wonder if such latitudinal or geodetic relationships could be demonstrated between some of the sites in the New England / Northeast regions, such as those in modern-day Connecticut, Massachusetts, NY, etc. The discovery of the pattern of the cairns mirroring Draco which you've discovered is obviously extremely significant -- and reminds me of the relationship to Draco which Ross Hamilton has found at Serpent Mound in Ohio. I'm excited to learn more about what you and others are discovering about these important sites in the Americas, which are clearly connected to the stars -- just as virtually all the world's ancient myths, scriptures and sacred stories can also be shown to be connected to the stars! One other personal note which I have to mention -- just before we would exit the aircraft for a skydive at Blue Sky Ranch in New Paltz (actually Gardiner, an even smaller town outside of New Paltz), we would always join hands, look out at the Shawangunk Mountains through the open door of the aircraft, and shout in unison: "Shawanga: Ready, Set, Go!" and then leap out of the aircraft into the sky. So your excellent article, above, has brought back some wonderful memories of my younger days, even as I am excited to learn about the new research that you are doing in areas that I'm more interested in now, related to history that is even more ancient! Best wishes -- David Mathisen

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Welcome to my good friend Glenn Kreisberg, our features author for November 2018 326 Graham Hancock 04-Nov-18 10:28
Re: Welcome to my good friend Glenn Kreisberg, our features author for November 2018 64 cliffrover 04-Nov-18 22:31
Re: Welcome to my good friend Glenn Kreisberg, our features author for November 2018 59 dwm 06-Nov-18 04:47
Re: Welcome to my good friend Glenn Kreisberg, our features author for November 2018 28 cliffrover 10-Nov-18 03:16
Re: Welcome to my good friend Glenn Kreisberg, our features author for November 2018 29 dwm 12-Nov-18 08:35
Re: Welcome to my good friend Glenn Kreisberg, our features author for November 2018 25 cliffrover 13-Nov-18 21:33
Re: Welcome to my good friend Glenn Kreisberg, our features author for November 2018 22 dwm 15-Nov-18 08:08

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.