Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
The Buddhists say that "clinging" is an individual (ego driven) form of suffering that must be "let go" in our efforts to release that suffering.

The Hebrew law calls it "covet", the tenth commandment.

I spent a lousy 15 years in a 12-step foray. I just kept relapsing at under 8 years (twice). The third time I had 6 months clean until another person abused me. I left and won't go back. People that I've seen in that environment can be rough on others with less self-esteem. I admit that SOME people helped me to get a grip on reality. For that, I am eternally grateful.

My take on this "addiction" philosophy is that one is predisposed to doing self-destructive behaviors. After all, who would knowingly put themself in dire circumstances at a young age? I was a disturbed child in the first grade, thereby repeating the first grade a second time. I later repeated fourth grade while attending a private Christian school for "disturbed" children. They, obviously, rewarded GOOD behavior, once the child understands that premise and complies with the rules.

Unfortunately, for me, I just couldn't quit the disturbed THINKING. I made errors in judgement once I became a teenager (13). My choices led me to worse situations than I had EVER anticipated before. If my parents had not sent me to a finishing school for my junior and senior years, I would most likely have not graduated.

I suppose this condition should be called a "wasteland mindstate", for that is what followed me into adulthood. I am a Senior citizen now with regrets for having wasted most of my life with the thinking dilemma characteristic of such behaviors.

All that I have learned to date is to not rest on my laurels. I try to educate myself, casually, so that I can enjoy as much of a tolerable life that a person can have.

Thankyou Dr. MATÉ for bringing up this topic in your book.

[youtu.be]

Here is an article that is somewhat long:

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Uncreated and Uncreatable...
Which neither space nor time touches.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05-Oct-18 23:18 by Itatw70s.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Addiction: disease or something else? 215 Itatw70s 05-Oct-18 19:22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.