Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
I shall attach three other pieces of shui jing that contain encased or attached extraneous melt. Two of these are carved plaques, on the underside of which there are impressions of the hard surface from which the glass was lifted. The figures are not typical Hongshan and show stylistic and indeed racial features that are not Chinese; similar figures appear on a large series of pseudo-turquoise ‘coins‘ I bought ten years ago on Ebay. These plaques all seem to have figures in similar style, so maybe glass in addition to being ejected and falling as spheres, also fell elsewhere and solidified in sheets, and was then carved by a racially different people, or in a different era. Unfortunately it is all conjecture.

Piece A. Note the strange stick animal.

Piece B, with one upright and one crawling figure.

Underside of same

The Hongshan bowl

Underside of one corner

I think that is pretty much all I have to write about incorporated surface melt, (except that I presume the carvers would have preferred if it had not been there), but I would welcome your comments.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06-Feb-18 20:44 by drdavidanderson.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Furthere examples of the ubiquity of encased soil melt 368 drdavidanderson 05-Feb-18 21:55
Re: Further examples of the ubiquity of encased soil melt 182 drdavidanderson 06-Feb-18 20:42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.