Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
You will see in my main article I refer to a lecture I gave two years ago at the Cercle Munster Club in Luxembourg, which is posted on Youtube (part 1, part 2, part 3)). In Part 3 I engage in what I am sure many will regard as a unique mixture of speculation, heresy and outright nonsense. It is called floating a hypothesis. (And I am following de Bono’s philosophy that it is better to have enough ideas for some of them to be wrong than to be always right by having no ideas at all). In May of that year (2016) my friends Josef Muller, Lamin Ceesay accompanied me to a different part of Tong Liao to try and locate the shui jing glass mine, and once again I am afraid we failed. I can describe a lot of places where it isn’t. But, despite extensive denial, you will see from my lecture that I believe there are quite strong reasons to suspect it is (or they are) somewhere in Tong Liao Prefecture.

Since then, and hearing about the YD impact hypothesis, I have thought further and would like to revise the model a bit. In the new model, the dumbell-shaped impactor Dumbo still cracks in three pieces (two big ones of diameters around 250 metres, and a smaller one of 50 to 75 metres). The smaller, waist, piece is retarded a second or less by the shock wave, bounces off the exploding Southern crater like a stone off a pond, and sucks in its wake silica plasma and gas (plus fragments of exploding basalt, meteorite and other debris including the odd impact diamond). As the stream of aspirated silica gas cools to liquid silica and forms into spheres (as we know happened), in the new model it separates from the more energised bolide fragment and falls in an arc to its final resting place. Meanwhile the waist fragment still has enough kinetic energy to continue in a high arc into the stratosphere. Depending on its speed (which is probably below the escape velocity of 7 km/second) it is on a trajectory with plenty of Pacific ocean to splash down in, and wreak tsunamic and other global havoc. So if you look at my lecture, you can change the last figure to the one below. Of course it is all speculation, until we know the exact site of the glass mine(s).

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
My revised model of the Twin Craters impact hypothesis 1037 drdavidanderson 04-Feb-18 21:39
Re: My revised model of the Twin Craters impact hypothesis 140 Wheeler 05-Feb-18 19:39
Re: My revised model of the Twin Craters impact hypothesis 136 drdavidanderson 05-Feb-18 20:07
Re: My revised model of the Twin Craters impact hypothesis 138 Wheeler 06-Feb-18 01:37
Re: My revised model of the Twin Craters impact hypothesis 127 drdavidanderson 06-Feb-18 07:20
Re: My revised model of the Twin Craters impact hypothesis 130 Wheeler 06-Feb-18 13:13
Re: My revised model of the Twin Craters impact hypothesis 136 Itatw70s 06-Feb-18 13:49
Re: My revised model of the Twin Craters impact hypothesis 453 Wheeler 06-Feb-18 16:46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.