Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Yes, these substances assist us in thinking in completely novel ways. I once had an experience after ingesting thirteen Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds in which words and the objects to which they belonged simply no longer fit together. They had become two completely separate things. Looking at my canine companion, I realized that 'dog' was just a neat little box we used to simplify the immensely complex concept of this other species that has formed a relationship with our own race. When I finally relaxed into this new mental state I caught a glimpse of my mailbox. Of course, it no longer correlated to the word 'mailbox' but I realized I was for the first time seeing the world for what it was, rather than seeing the words in which we lock the world up. My mailbox had become a metal container mounted atop a wooden post, which then implied mining and metal working, forests and wood working, etc. Moreover, the mailbox implied language, writing, and the need to communicate at a distance. All of these things we normally bypass by wrapping concepts up in words blossomed forth from the object in an unending string of ideas that recreated the entire universe in my mind. I've never looked at the world the same way since.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Welcome to P.D. Newman our AoM for January 2018 shares the psychedelic secret of Freemasonry 782 Graham Hancock 04-Jan-18 10:18
Re: Welcome to P.D. Newman our AoM for January 2018 shares the psychedelic secret of Freemasonry 145 P.D. Newman 04-Jan-18 14:50
Re: Welcome to P.D. Newman our AoM for January 2018 shares the psychedelic secret of Freemasonry 143 Nemobutwhatiimagian 07-Jan-18 04:55
Re: Welcome to P.D. Newman our AoM for January 2018 shares the psychedelic secret of Freemasonry 124 P.D. Newman 07-Jan-18 14:19
Re: Welcome to P.D. Newman our AoM for January 2018 shares the psychedelic secret of Freemasonry 127 Itatw70s 07-Jan-18 16:00
Re: Welcome to P.D. Newman our AoM for January 2018 shares the psychedelic secret of Freemasonry 126 P.D. Newman 07-Jan-18 17:13
Re: Welcome to P.D. Newman our AoM for January 2018 shares the psychedelic secret of Freemasonry 123 Itatw70s 07-Jan-18 20:18
Re: Welcome to P.D. Newman our AoM for January 2018 shares the psychedelic secret of Freemasonry 115 P.D. Newman 08-Jan-18 00:07
Re: Welcome to P.D. Newman our AoM for January 2018 shares the psychedelic secret of Freemasonry 127 drdavidanderson 08-Jan-18 17:22
Re: Welcome to P.D. Newman our AoM for January 2018 shares the psychedelic secret of Freemasonry 148 P.D. Newman 08-Jan-18 17:41
Re: Welcome to P.D. Newman our AoM for January 2018 shares the psychedelic secret of Freemasonry 229 Poster Boy 18-Jan-18 16:37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.