Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
This is a re-post of the comments made in response to Robert Jameson’s Living Body Earth post, with the addition of a few points.
“Gobekli, for me, is an exciting mixture of the knowledge gleaned from The Story of Sukurru, the Sumerian symbols forms in general, and my own understanding of that intriguing place. It’s a subject on which I’m happy to voice my somewhat informed opinion.
Very fortunately for us, we have that female form scratched into the stone at Gobekli Tepe. Equally fortunately, we have Santha Falia to take the only decent picture of it! The figure may look crude, but it is crucial. We need to be able to look closely. I wish I could see in even more detail.
Gaia, Mother Earth, is yet another name that has its origins in Sumer and I give the monosyllabic breakdown of it in my book. GA is the nurturing form of the Great Matriarch, the sacred cow with the meanings of ‘milk’ and ‘soft. Add AN, the sky, and we find GA-AN, milk sky and the Milky Way; then one step further to make GAN, the womb.
The female figure at Gobekli is the image that actually shows the two cords that link us to the cosmic womb, and vindicates my translations on the subject. I hope to be writing more on this when (and if) my next translation is finished some time next year.”

I am painfully aware that it goes against the flow, including that of respected authors who have devoted whole sections of books to them, to question the validity of assumptions about such famous names as Enki, Enlil or Gilgamesh. For Enki, see my post on the Mysteries board “Enki and the Cap of stone”. For Gilgamesh, well…I don’t know but I have doubts. No disrespect intended to anyone. I care only about truth.
As for Gobekli, although it is a relatively new discovery, the name is decidedly not up for grabs. The locals say it means potbelly hill, that’s what you find in the books, and that’s what it looks like. So nothing more to say on that subject, and the name along with its explanation, pleasant and easy, has long since begun to roll off the tongues of the most prestigious.
But I insist. GO-BE-KI-LI is a gift, a parcel of information tied up with a bright Sumerian ribbon, that is still offered to us despite the passage of thousands upon thousands of years. That it has the meaning of pot-belly hill today is beyond question. I don’t question it. But it is so much more than that.
Madeleine

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Gobekli Tepe and the two cords of the Womb 157 MDaines 11-Aug-17 07:31
Re: Gobekli Tepe and the two cords of the Womb 33 Robert Jameson 12-Aug-17 05:26
Re: Gobekli Tepe and the two cords of the Womb 57 MDaines 12-Aug-17 10:54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.