Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
The Story of Sukurru: Sumerian symbols and their true meaning.

Dear Madeleine,

I am not sure if you will check responses to Graham's recognition of your book, and I am going to order a copy.
I realize from the comments in this thread that you have not focussed on Egyptian symbols to the same degree you have on Sumerian cuneiform symbols. Because the word Ka has been introduced, and is represented in both languages, I wonder if you have ever come across the combination: KaRa? Let me explain my interest.

Ka-Ra in the ancient Egyptian pantheon appears to represent the highest deity equal to Aten or the Sungod (Sungoddess). It literally means Spirit of God (i.e Holy Ghost). It is represented by a sun disc above upheld arms (symbolizing worship), or above bull's horns (symbolizing Ka or Spirit), and has also been represented by the sun disc above a crescent moon. The sun disc above upstretched arms can be found on top of a djed (spine of Osiris), with Isis and Nephthys making offerings on either side of the djed (Book of the Dead). The crescent moon version was adopted by the Muslims, Baha'i, and Islam in general, who reduced or abbreviated the sun disc to a five pointed or nine pointed star. In Sumerian stele and pictograms the sun disc and crescent moon is also found, and appears to represent the highest deity.

Andrew Collins in his magnificent book, Gobekli Tepe, Genesis of the Gods, also discloses the same symbol of a circular disc (sometimes with hole in the center) above what looks like a crescent moon. If this is the same symbol, it would be the oldest representation of KaRa, worshipped by both the Sumerians and Egyptians.

This is an under-recognized or unspoken name of God/Allah, which like YHWH is not uttered in public by Muslims. Kara is a feminine word in both Hebrew and Arabic. Kara means the same thing in both languages: To recite out loud or call out Scripture, and to teach Scripture. Kara is a word in Greek, meaning head, top, or skull. Kara, like Ra, is feminine, and is a common name for women, as is Jesus in Mexico, etc. But what was most surprising was the discovery that the Muslims added an 'a to kara, producing the word, kara'a, which is the root word for Koran/Qur'an. In other words, the Koran contains the words of KaRa, just as the Judeo-Christian Bible contains the words of YHWH.

Have you come across this word or symbol in your research, and did the Sumerians have a word for the sun disc above the crescent moon? Finally, could Allah be a woman? Perhaps the goddess did not disappear. She just became a ghost.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 944 Graham Hancock 03-Aug-17 10:57
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 108 cladking 06-Aug-17 14:43
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 90 MDaines 06-Aug-17 17:35
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 92 cladking 06-Aug-17 18:55
The KABAL 86 MDaines 08-Aug-17 08:13
Re: The KABAL 93 cladking 10-Aug-17 14:55
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 96 eyeofhorus33 08-Aug-17 08:37
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 147 cladking 10-Aug-17 15:10
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 61 Bruce Cornet 26-Sep-17 23:20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.