Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Someone who had read one of my posts here wrote me an email wondering if the rush toward high THC strains was destroying cannabis as a spiritual medicine. Here is her brief letter, (reprinted anonymously with her permission) followed by my off-the-top-of-my-head reply and then another very short reply from her.

-----

Hi,

I just started reading your hancock.com article on the plant and it brought up something I'd thought about before.

Due to extensive hybridizing, mostly to increase the THC content, the plant most common today is different to the one used in earlier eras. It's even significantly different to the plant three decades ago. My thinking is that the natural balance of the plant has been thrown off and that imbalance affects the "spiritual qualities" of the plant in a way that is not at all beneficial.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Anonymous Reader

-----

Hi Anonymous Reader,

First, don’t take my word for it. There are many mysteries, many unknowns. This is just my off-the-cuff response to you as I’m seeing it at the moment.

I believe the key issue is intention at every stage of the process of producing a plant and bringing it to others. I specifically wanted something on that point in the Cannabis and Spirituality book. Book contributor LLP has been a "sacred grower" for decades. He is convinced that the love and attention he gives to his plants results in effects that people find noticeably different.

I also believe cannabis is a very gracious and flexible plant that can handle us humans developing different combinations of its chemicals, as long as that “spiritual” attitude is guiding the process.

Finally, I’m trying to keep my eyes and ears open to current developments in the field. My sense is that as legal cannabis gradually spreads and gets a good foothold, a lot of the innovation is moving way past just high THC strains. We know a lot now about the effects of different combinations of cannabinoids, terpenes, flavinoids etc. The applications are becoming more differentiated, more sophisticated. People will have choices. Education is key and the reason for the book.

So . . . you may be right for all I know. But until I learn differently I’m going on the principle that right attitude produces good plants. I get my herb from a local dispensary run by people I know personally and trust. I’m hoping that once full legalization kicks in next year in Canada, I’ll be able make a direct connection with a "sacred grower" myself.

Regards,
Stephen

-----

Hi again Stephen,

Thanks for answering. I agree with you. The thing is that most people growing and selling are not guided by a "spiritual" intent.

Thanks,
Anonymous Reader

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Has the cannabis plant been corrupted for spiritual use? 662 Stephen Gray 21-Jul-17 05:29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.