Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hello. I'm excited to be the author of the month for July at grahamhancock.com. I have a passionate commitment to helping spread information about the potential of cannabis as a spiritual ally "for the generations to come." There's an ancient and widespread history of such use of this remarkable plant. But that understanding and practice have become almost a lost art in recent history.

Despite the plant's reputation as a mild recreational substance that can be used casually in almost any situation, those who have worked effectively with cannabis as a spiritual ally consider it an advanced spiritual medicine that involves a learning curve.

There's a lot to learn and to discuss. I'm up for any related conversation, and perhaps even debate, in this forum. Discussion on how to best use the plant for spiritual healing and awakening can include topics such as: how the plant has been used historically in religion and ritual; set and setting considerations; individual and group practice; best practices in terms of dosage, strains, and frequency of use; the question of a spirit of the plant; obstacles and cautions such as dependency and concerns about potential physiological and psychological harm with adolescents; how skillful cannabis use can support other spiritual practices, including the use of other entheogenic substances; and cannabis's use as a tool in creative work.

I hope you'll begin by reading my article "The Renaissance of an Ancient Plant Spirit Ally" under the "Latest Articles" heading: [grahamhancock.com]. I encourage readers of the forum to offer questions and commentary on any of these topics and more. I'm very curious about how others have used the plant for spiritual benefit. I'm also up for discussing problems and obstacles that have come up for you.

This whole project has been brought together in the book Cannabis and Spirituality: An Explorer's Guide to an Ancient Plant Spirit Ally (Park Street Press, Dec. 2016.) I'm the editor and one of 18 international contributors to the book. The ideas in the above mentioned article for the discussion this month are fleshed out in the book.

I also invite you to take a look at and even submit posts to my website www.cannabisandspirituality.com and the Facebook group Cannabis and Spirituality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12-Jul-17 00:00 by Stephen Gray.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 685 Stephen Gray 03-Jul-17 19:23
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 117 Susan Doris 04-Jul-17 05:03
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 112 Stephen Gray 04-Jul-17 16:54
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 89 Susan Doris 05-Jul-17 11:24
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 70 Susan Doris 05-Jul-17 13:31
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 94 Poster Boy 05-Jul-17 15:39
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 95 Susan Doris 05-Jul-17 16:32
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 83 Stephen Gray 05-Jul-17 18:33
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 75 Poster Boy 05-Jul-17 18:45
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 101 carolb 05-Jul-17 20:25
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 74 Poster Boy 06-Jul-17 02:12
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 67 greengirl5 06-Jul-17 23:58
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 94 Susan Doris 07-Jul-17 05:09
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 80 Poster Boy 05-Jul-17 17:03
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 103 Susan Doris 05-Jul-17 18:34
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 77 greengirl5 07-Jul-17 00:03
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 79 Susan Doris 07-Jul-17 05:01
Re: The Revival of Cannabis as a Spiritual Ally 142 lostsheep 09-Jul-17 10:07

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.