I am not sure if your questions were meant for me or Michael – with regard to the ancients living underground I will leave those for Michael!
I will however comment on:
SallyA wrote: AT least, that is where my mind is leaning, as I learn more about this .... HOWEVER ... I am so in need of a time line.
Yes it would be great if we had a timeline – one that made sense. But let's assume there is a biological equivalent here. Analysing our DNA does not provide a coherent timeline. Only 2% of it codes for building body parts and the remaining 98% appears to be a historical record of how we evolved. And, if terrestrial earth is a living entity, then the chronology of ancient life and geological formations will likely prove equally enigmatic.
SallyA wrote: ... were the (Anunnaki) much more evolved than we know ... and ... did the Anunnaki down grade our DNA in an attempt to remove a competitor.
I do not think the Anunnaki saw us as a competitor. Again I claim there is a biological parallel here. As you note there appears to be ancient civilisations that are:
First – more technologically advanced:
There are two different types of body cells. There are normal body cells that code for building our incredibly complex bodies. Let’s say these complex cells are the equivalent of the Anunnaki. Then there are gametes (or reproductive cells) that only have a single copy of DNA and cannot code for building body parts. So maybe we are the equivalent of gametes.
Second – Inaccessible to our human consciousness:
Then there is the fact that there is a barrier between normal cells (Anannaki) and reproductive cells (us). In biological terms this barrier (the Weismann Barrier) is the separation of the phenotype and the genotype and it has many equivalents in human history (i.e. the fall etc.). We could say that the second division of germ-line cells (when germ-line cells with two copies of DNA divide into gametes with only one copy of DNA) is the biological equivalent of the fall.