Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
I have read your three books, though in reverse order, and right after finishing Star.Ships I read Daniel Quinn's "Beyond Civilization" and the juxtaposition
of the two works has me wanting you to pull on the thread a bit more for us where if “the cathedral predates the city” do you feel there is a chance that the cathedral outlives the city? Quinn sort of vaguely points us back toward what worked for hundreds of millennia as a possible starting point to rekindle some sort of hope that we can survive ourselves for the next millenia. I know you are a big fan of permaculture and refocusing ones' life view through an animist lens but do you feel there is a possible future in a sort of neo-tribalism? How else to fight the incessant creep of centralization except with decentralization? Gobekli Tepe and Gunang Padang are the first glimpses at a much more complex society in the distant past who perhaps thought it best keep their spiritual needs as a higher priority than their economic needs but do you feel like the digital/AI/robotics revolution will present humankind with another chance to re-order our priorities? Your wisdom and insight in these matters is truly appreciated. Keep up the amazing work at Runesoup!

--Joe Bedard

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Gordon... Please bring us "Beyond Civilization" 899 Joe Bedard 08-Mar-17 04:18
Re: Gordon... Please bring us "Beyond Civilization" 122 gordonwhite 10-Mar-17 19:37
Re: Gordon... Please bring us "Beyond Civilization" 135 Joe Bedard 11-Mar-17 01:51
Re: Gordon... Please bring us "Beyond Civilization" 194 gordonwhite 14-Mar-17 11:22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.