Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
dwm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks drew --
>
> but, to take a "devil's advocate" position on what
> you've just said about the Int'l Space Station --
>
> I too see "satellites" up there, going across the
> sky (and sometimes the very "bright satellite"
> which I'm told is the Int'l Space Stn)
>
> but can I verify that what I'm seeing is a
> satellite orbiting our globe?
>
> Even with a telescope I personally don't know how
> I can say for certain what those things are
> that are occasionally crossing the sky "from
> horizon to horizon," as you say.
>
> Also, how do you know it was one
> International Space Station making "two laps"
> across your sky, and not two
> similar-looking or even identical-looking things,
> one following the other along the same track?
>
> I've tried to list things that people can observe
> themselves as much as possible, without having to
> "take it on authority" (just in case they are very
> skeptical). I'm still not sure I can identify what
> a satellite or a space station is "for myself,"
> without having to "take that on authority" or
> "take your word for it."

> I'm open to ways that we can be sure that
> thing is the Int'l Space Station "taking two laps"
> overhead!!
>
> (not saying that I don't think that it is -- just
> saying a skeptic on the subject might ask that, or
> wonder that)
>
> David


You can always check the times of the passes of the Space Station that are visible from your area, by checking on any of the 'view the ISS' sites that astronomers have set up.

Here's one: [www.n2yo.com]

I mention these sites because they're not set up by the usual 'authorities' that the flatties distrust, i.e. NASA. The calculations are made with a globe-shaped earth in mind, and they're always accurate to the second, let alone the minute. They're independent sites, so there should be no risk of bias....though with the mindset of those who are determined the earth is flat, there's no guarantee of that!

Carol

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 2949 dwm 09-Mar-16 04:19
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 466 michael seabrook 09-Mar-16 10:28
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 419 dwm 11-Mar-16 00:00
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 440 carolb 09-Mar-16 14:31
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 478 dwm 09-Mar-16 21:51
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 417 carolb 10-Mar-16 12:59
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 545 Aine 10-Mar-16 19:54
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 385 dwm 11-Mar-16 00:02
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 392 drew 11-Mar-16 05:22
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 478 dwm 11-Mar-16 07:24
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 507 carolb 11-Mar-16 12:51
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 411 dwm 12-Mar-16 01:12
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 356 drew 15-Mar-16 00:17
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 379 dwm 15-Mar-16 13:36
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 405 Nolondil 29-Mar-16 16:46
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 844 carolb 29-Mar-16 17:31
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 455 cladking 19-Mar-16 03:25
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 504 dwm 19-Mar-16 04:10
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 1014 carolb 19-Mar-16 23:04
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 423 cladking 21-Mar-16 22:00
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 507 carolb 21-Mar-16 22:42


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.