Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Thanks drew --

but, to take a "devil's advocate" position on what you've just said about the Int'l Space Station --

I too see "satellites" up there, going across the sky (and sometimes the very "bright satellite" which I'm told is the Int'l Space Stn)

but can I verify that what I'm seeing is a satellite orbiting our globe?

Even with a telescope I personally don't know how I can say for certain what those things are that are occasionally crossing the sky "from horizon to horizon," as you say.

Also, how do you know it was one International Space Station making "two laps" across your sky, and not two similar-looking or even identical-looking things, one following the other along the same track?

I've tried to list things that people can observe themselves as much as possible, without having to "take it on authority" (just in case they are very skeptical). I'm still not sure I can identify what a satellite or a space station is "for myself," without having to "take that on authority" or "take your word for it."

The map subject is certainly an interesting one, isn't it --

lots of evidence that old maps give evidence of advanced understanding of our spherical earth in distant antiquity -- as discussed in Hapgood's Maps of Ancient Sea Kings and also in Graham's Underworld and elsewhere. For instance, if the Piri Re'is map indeed shows evidence of some knowledge of the coastline of Antarctica "unglaciated" (and some other maps as well, most of them made in centuries when the existence of Antarctica was probably long forgotten), it may be evidence of the preservation of some cartographic data or knowledge from a very distant previous time.

The portolans in general seem to use a system of orientation (with "multiple norths") that reveals evidence of a very well-developed methodology for projecting and then portraying our spherical earth onto a useful two-dimensional map, but a methodology which is quite "alien" to the kinds of projections with which we are generally familiar (a "forgotten" cartographical system, complete with data of forgotten continents, possibly gathered at a very remote time in antiquity when the weather on earth or the conditions on earth were quite different than they have been "this past age").

thanks for adding those points --

I'm open to ways that we can be sure that thing is the Int'l Space Station "taking two laps" overhead!!

(not saying that I don't think that it is -- just saying a skeptic on the subject might ask that, or wonder that)

David

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 2949 dwm 09-Mar-16 04:19
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 466 michael seabrook 09-Mar-16 10:28
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 419 dwm 11-Mar-16 00:00
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 440 carolb 09-Mar-16 14:31
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 478 dwm 09-Mar-16 21:51
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 417 carolb 10-Mar-16 12:59
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 545 Aine 10-Mar-16 19:54
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 385 dwm 11-Mar-16 00:02
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 392 drew 11-Mar-16 05:22
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 478 dwm 11-Mar-16 07:24
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 508 carolb 11-Mar-16 12:51
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 411 dwm 12-Mar-16 01:12
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 356 drew 15-Mar-16 00:17
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 379 dwm 15-Mar-16 13:36
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 405 Nolondil 29-Mar-16 16:46
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 844 carolb 29-Mar-16 17:31
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 455 cladking 19-Mar-16 03:25
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 504 dwm 19-Mar-16 04:10
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 1014 carolb 19-Mar-16 23:04
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 423 cladking 21-Mar-16 22:00
Re: Helpful list of evidence that earth is a sphere 507 carolb 21-Mar-16 22:42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.