Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Interesting viewpoints. They harken to the Quote I posted of Heraclitus. I interpret it as; we all have our own truths, our own world views and none of them are wrong. If I was able to travel in time to the “me” of 20 years ago we would not agree on our truths. Even today I think the truths of science and spirituality are changing and evolving.
If I understand the thread comments correctly, interestingly there are two articles with concepts along these lines in the December 2013 magazine issue, Discover. The first, “Do we live in a Matrix?” where physicists, due to some evidence, are proposing test to see if we are a part of a giant computer simulation, akin to the movie concept. It reminds me of Abbot’s book Flatland, about 2-dimensional creatures trying to understand 3-dimensional creatures. There is a very good You Tube animation about this concept, just put in “Flatland”. The second article is; Math made flesh; proposition: everything in the universe – stars, chess games and you – is part of a vast mathematical structure. In the first it would be higher dimensional or beings of greater intelligence and in the second, simply everything is math, predominately, geometry.
These seem to what I seem to be reading, generally in the posts. No “Sacred” or” Divine” needed.
For me, in a simple manner, I see three overall approaches to choose from; atheistic, agnostic, or belief in a Divine. A belief in the Divine and its/his/her perception then goes in to as many sub-categories as people.
My world view sees the Divine, along the lines of Chardin’s “Noosphere” and “Omega Point.” That there is an evolving conscious of humans that exist independent of physicality and is not an epiphenomena of chemicals and their processes in the brain. Those individual consciousnesses are evolving together to a united yet still individual with a Divine consciousness. That these archetypal geometric symbols I write about that are found globally in spiritual traditions and in the geometries of the fabric of ourselves and the universe are from a “Divine”, cosmic-universal consciousness. I would suggest the books, Mind before Matter; eds. Pfeiffer and Mack, The Conscious Universe by Dr. Dean Radin, and The Phenomenon of Man by Teilhard de Chardin.
I honor everyone’s right to their own truth and world view, many shared by different groups, some unique to an individual. These are our personal truths; truths that have been debated for thousands of years. What I have written about are some of mine, which some others also share and some do not. Everyone finds their own through their own siege perilous.
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. Albert Einstein
Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe. Albert Einstien
Blessings, don

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 343 Graham Hancock 04-Nov-13 13:22
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 128 Don Carroll 04-Nov-13 16:43
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 122 spitfire888 04-Nov-13 17:17
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 157 Don Carroll 04-Nov-13 20:15
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 120 cladking 05-Nov-13 02:27
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 138 Don Carroll 05-Nov-13 04:54
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 69 cladking 05-Nov-13 16:04
Thank you for the link 158 Dr. Lew Graham 04-Nov-13 23:33
Re: Thank you for the link 75 Don Carroll 05-Nov-13 01:43
We see eye to eye! 161 Dr. Lew Graham 05-Nov-13 02:59
Re: We see eye to eye! 153 Don Carroll 05-Nov-13 04:55
Sacred geometry 137 michael seabrook 05-Nov-13 09:06
Re: Sacred geometry 145 Don Carroll 05-Nov-13 13:41
Re: Sacred geometry 119 michael seabrook 06-Nov-13 11:15
Re: Sacred geometry 94 Don Carroll 11-Nov-13 21:13
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 114 Don Carroll 02-Dec-13 22:24
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 110 cladking 04-Dec-13 05:12
Thank you, Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 187 Dr. Lew Graham 04-Dec-13 07:07
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 97 michael seabrook 05-Dec-13 23:50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.