Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Dear Michael,
Well you have certainly spanned the globe. Again, we go into an area that my research for my book only touched on peripherally and not a focus. I have read some on such ley or telluric lines. Your message does show that this is another symbolic pattern found globally in civilizations. The symbolism of the navel sites harken back to sites that people felt Heaven and Earth came together through this umbilicus, a place where one could unite with one’s higher self. Often that pattern of seven appears, apparently representative of the seven spiritual centers in us. Even the in Rome the Catholic Church has reinstituted a seven church pilgrimage in the city, akin to the examples you have given.
Hamlet’s Mill and other sources demonstrate the Hermetic concept; “As above, so below.” This is illustrated in how many civilizations saw the Milky Way as often as a celestial river or a serpent. One example is the Maya recognizing it as the “Sky Serpent” that was later also incorporated, appropriately I think, into their vision serpent. This concept is not so much of reflecting, but one of unity and Oneness.
As you note in India the Milky Way was considered the Celestial counterpart of the Ganges. The Egyptians believed the same for the Nile. My research led me to theorize that the Egyptians also saw the Milky Ways as a symbol for their pre-dynastic deity, Nehebukau, their serpent deity; “He who unites the ka’s.”
Further, as you mention the spine and note correlations between sacred buildings and the human body, I agree and have written on this. Da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man is an example of this, honoring the Roman engineer and architect who wrote such buildings should be designed using measurements of body proportions and ratios, since what better measurements to use for sacred buildings the those created by the Divine in for ourselves. The Edgar Cayce readings he speaks of a 27 ½ inch unit of measurement used in building the Great Pyramid (talk about a navel site) . Incredibly I found academic support in Dr. Livio Stecchinni’s work to support this (he called it a NB, the root word in Nehebikau) and further support in the hieroglyphs (see E. Wallis Budge), a third unit of measure named an aakhu meh (light or spirit measurement). Then I puzzled what body portion would be 27 ½ inches and my conclusion is the human spine! This fits so elegantly well, even to the point that the Giza plateau was dedicated to Osiris, whose symbol is the Djed; aka Osiris’s spine.
Finally, this unit of measurement works so amazingly well at multiple sites in different civilization such as the Great Pyramid, the Kukulcan pyramid and Stonehenge.
Sigh, again I go on, but I really am trying to be brief. Hard to do when it all leads to a unity and Oneness.
Blessings, don

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 343 Graham Hancock 04-Nov-13 13:22
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 127 Don Carroll 04-Nov-13 16:43
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 122 spitfire888 04-Nov-13 17:17
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 157 Don Carroll 04-Nov-13 20:15
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 119 cladking 05-Nov-13 02:27
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 137 Don Carroll 05-Nov-13 04:54
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 69 cladking 05-Nov-13 16:04
Thank you for the link 157 Dr. Lew Graham 04-Nov-13 23:33
Re: Thank you for the link 75 Don Carroll 05-Nov-13 01:43
We see eye to eye! 161 Dr. Lew Graham 05-Nov-13 02:59
Re: We see eye to eye! 153 Don Carroll 05-Nov-13 04:55
Sacred geometry 137 michael seabrook 05-Nov-13 09:06
Re: Sacred geometry 144 Don Carroll 05-Nov-13 13:41
Re: Sacred geometry 118 michael seabrook 06-Nov-13 11:15
Re: Sacred geometry 94 Don Carroll 11-Nov-13 21:13
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 114 Don Carroll 02-Dec-13 22:24
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 110 cladking 04-Dec-13 05:12
Thank you, Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 187 Dr. Lew Graham 04-Dec-13 07:07
Re: Welcome to Donald B. Carroll, AoM for November 2013 97 michael seabrook 05-Dec-13 23:50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.