Misc. :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
A social and/or notice board and is not so much for discussing Grahams work, or related topics as covered by the other boards, but more like a place where people can share other things. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
I just found out that Richard Todd has passed and so has Edward Woodward. I just wanted to share how devastated I am to learn of their passing and to wonder why I hadn't learned of this earlier. I had the most intense crush on Richard Todd for a whole lot of my life and and I have to say that he probably represented for me the best of "British Manhood". So - I'm old-fashioned. I loved that man.

Edward Woodward made sure that I understood spydome was incredibly humane and considerate. He also was the epitome of standard stock British acting. There's a story about Sir Lawrence Olivier and Dustin Hoffman that made the rounds in that Dustin was describing to Sir Lawrence the lengths he went to in order to capture the "essence" of Marathon Man". He described how he stayed up for 48 hours. didn't shave, paced his room, and went through agonies to make sure he captured the character. Olivier looked at him and said "My dear boy, why don't you just act. It's so much easier!".

Epitomizes my entire perspective on American actors. Stanislavsky made it just so incredibly difficult for actors to be themselves. They have to livetheir characters...and their characters get into trouble!

Cheers,
Pat

Nothing in this world is certain...it's all theory! Me
Everything is a mystery until it is understood.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
The SAG Awards 112 NetWorkAngel 24-Jan-10 06:15
Re: The SAG Awards 110 Briffits 24-Jan-10 07:41
Re: The SAG Awards 96 s-d.adrain 25-Jan-10 11:41
Re: The SAG Awards 101 s-d.adrain 25-Jan-10 11:45
Re: The SAG Awards 80 Nolondil 26-Jan-10 03:10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.