Misc. :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
A social and/or notice board and is not so much for discussing Grahams work, or related topics as covered by the other boards, but more like a place where people can share other things. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Tom, I was in London when I saw the post, the wife pulled a surprise night out in London, a concert with Todd Rundgren. So I suppose I should pick a Todd song but which one? Like you I like long tracks/or whole albums, not this modern compilations of songs stuff. But as I am Grandads Taxi I have to be a bit modern or the teenager rebels, so I am listening to modern pop now as well. I live with music nearly all the time, first thing in to new house or flat the hifi so I can listen while moving in!
But anyway, I have a complaint, I've had Jethro going through my head all day ha, ha. No, really its been great going back to the old greats, its been a laugh. Can I offer a couple of songs your post reminded of, I'll do a proper post later.
Jethro Tull, 'Skating away on the thin ice of a new day' War child album 1974 [www.youtube.com]
Makes me laugh hearing him 'makin a cuppa tea' at the start of the LP, so very English, I am a tea addict if you visit your cuppa will be offered straight away. The words in the song hit me like brick (thick as a brick) lol.
Spirit, 12 dreams of Dr Sardonicas [www.youtube.com]
BUT which song! I've got to have the whole album Tom.
Caravan The Land of Grey and pink same again I need the whole album really

Music can be such a time machine for me Tom, this album takes me way back I lived in a house with others, we called it 'Double Vision'. We had this album cover painted on a wall in the common living room.
The Floyd? Omg I don't know, what album? ok, a song 'Comfortably numb' this was voted the 7th best song of all time in a BBC radio 4 UK wide poll, oldies channel. A song for our times we are so comfortably numb and the world is burning slowly.
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse, out of the corner of my eye,
I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now,
the child is grown, dream is gone, I have become comfortably numb. Gilmour one of the best guitarist ever. Gilmore comfortably numb live at Pompeii 2016
[www.youtube.com] 9 mins long!!
Traffic, mmm which one! Well you've nabbed, Mr Fantasy so, its got to be 'Low spark' (but hidden treasure is so good too). So can I have the live album 2nd record (record lol) so I get both, and Low Spark is 17 mins long, shame it doesn't have 'hidden treasure' on it. I wore the second side out so I got the Cd.
Traffic. On the road [www.youtube.com]
Police, Message in a bottle live [www.youtube.com] 2008 live
Hope you don't mind this post and I haven't broke some house rule. But thank you. Last night Todd did a lot of very early stuff which time blasted me, then to think of all the wonderful music I have had the joy of listening to,(because of your post) thanks again. The stereo is getting a trashing when I get home, the Mrs will probably tell me to turn it UP more (as the teenager is at her aunts).
...... Oh hang on, how about welcome to the canteen!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Music; you're favorites and my favorites. 2301 Itatw70s 06-Apr-19 18:23
Re: Music; you're favorites and my favorites. 202 jazzmumbles 07-Apr-19 02:14
Re: Music; you're favorites and my favorites. 199 Itatw70s 07-Apr-19 15:41
from a train in the UK 202 grangram 07-Apr-19 16:52
Re: from a train in the UK 185 Itatw70s 07-Apr-19 20:39
Close to the edge 179 grangram 07-Apr-19 23:36
Re: Close to the edge 183 grangram 07-Apr-19 23:55
Re: Close to the edge 184 Brian Patterson 08-Apr-19 04:04
Re: Close to the edge 200 Itatw70s 08-Apr-19 21:28
One each of my largest collections: 189 Itatw70s 09-Apr-19 14:56
Mod Note > Topic Moved 188 Dr. Troglodyte 07-Apr-19 22:36
Re: Music; you're favorites and my favorites. 192 Brian Patterson 10-Apr-19 03:33
Re: Music; you're favorites and my favorites. 195 Itatw70s 10-Apr-19 14:51
Re: Music; you're favorites and my favorites. 190 Archaic 12-Apr-19 21:56
Re: Music; you're favorites and my favorites. 163 Itatw70s 13-Apr-19 16:11
Re: Music; you're favorites and my favorites. 175 Brian Patterson 13-Apr-19 04:54
Re: Music; you're favorites and my favorites. 189 molder 13-Apr-19 10:21
Re: Music; you're favorites and my favorites. 220 Itatw70s 13-Apr-19 16:31
Re: Music; you're favorites and my favorites. 216 Thanos5150 16-Apr-19 21:56
Re: Music; you're favorites and my favorites. 225 Xhadex 24-Jun-19 23:10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.