Misc. :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
A social and/or notice board and is not so much for discussing Grahams work, or related topics as covered by the other boards, but more like a place where people can share other things. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Word is that Harlan Ellison died at home in his sleep on June 28th at the age of 84. He was, to put it gently, an abrasive character. (The New York Times uses "irascable' -- "Having or showing a tendency to be easily angered".) Many people will wonder if he can "rest in peace"... :) But he was certainly an important writer, a titan of the Silver Age of Science Fiction and speculative fiction in general, and will be remembered one way or another. He was both a colleague and frequent antagonist with other recognized titans of the genre, like Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, Arthur C Clarke, and Ursula K Leguin. But his work won eight Hugo Awards (in different categories), four Nebula Awards, and numerous other awards. He was undeniably a great writer.

[www.nytimes.com]

Mr. Ellison looked at storytelling as a “holy chore,” which he pursued zealously for more than 60 years. His output includes more than 1,700 short stories and articles, at least 100 books and dozens of screenplays and television scripts. And although he was ranked with eminent science fiction writers like Ray Bradbury and Isaac Asimov, he insisted that he wrote speculative fiction, or simply fiction.

“Call me a science fiction writer,” Mr. Ellison said on the Sci-Fi Channel (now SyFy) in the 1990s. “I’ll come to your house and I’ll nail your pet’s head to a coffee table. I’ll hit you so hard your ancestors will die.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02-Jul-18 21:36 by Nolondil.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Harlan Ellison - RIP? 760 Nolondil 02-Jul-18 21:36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.