Misc. :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
A social and/or notice board and is not so much for discussing Grahams work, or related topics as covered by the other boards, but more like a place where people can share other things. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
. . . Welcome to Graham Hancock’s web site. . .

. . . One assumes it is the sites of Ancient Egypt your going to visit:: : Some folk’s checkout or bring their own copy of, “The Traveler’s Key to Ancient Egypt,” 1985, by John Anthony West, to start, and update the book with their own accounting of observations they make as they see-the-sites in person and talk to the local folks. That book has a map in the front to help with some of the sites to see.

There’s quite a few sites actually – Some of the following things might help make your visit more enjoyable and reduce travel stresses in desert terrain and blowing sands::::

Have a good camera, film rolls if that type or data storge types, plenty of batteries and / or powerpack backups (large plastic baggies to protect equipment from sand); notebook and pens-pencils for sketching; stay hydrated and keep electrolytes optimal (collapsible water pouch / canteen for Gatorade like drink, that straps over the shoulder helps); have a cloth type head dress that shields the back of the neck and wide brims on a desert-breezer-hat (one with an open mesh construct on top for air venting and cloth that unfolds to protect the neck from intense sunlight); eye protection from UV and blowing sands; an extra loose fitting long sleeve shirt to protect the arms as well as vent the body’s heat and perspiration; baggy pants for the same purpose to protect the legs; cotton socks (several pair) and high fitting shoes where the lower pants can be made snug to keep the blowing sand out of the shoes and socks (shoes that vent, but don’t let in sand and dirt are better). . . Although, I’ve not been to Egypt one has had some experience in desert terrain. . . Others, who’ve been there might help with some things not covered here for the trip. . . There may be tips online, too. . .

Enjoy the trip and don’t concern yourself with others preconceptions - You’re capable of your own. . .

"Mind like parachute, must be open to function." ~ Charlie Chan - Famous Chinese detective character

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Booked my ticket to Egypt, looking for tips and advice!! 843 Robert Irons 15-May-18 01:18
Mod Note > Topic Moved 172 Dr. Troglodyte 15-May-18 11:55
Re: Booked my ticket to Egypt, looking for tips and advice!! 173 Archaic 15-May-18 15:22
Re: Booked my ticket to Egypt, looking for tips and advice!! 217 carolb 15-May-18 18:31
Re: Booked my ticket to Egypt, looking for tips and advice!! 179 Archaic 15-May-18 20:51
Re: Booked my ticket to Egypt, looking for tips and advice!! 169 Susan Doris 17-May-18 14:54
Egypt-the desert sands. . . 297 Reagent 20-May-18 23:57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.