Misc. :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
A social and/or notice board and is not so much for discussing Grahams work, or related topics as covered by the other boards, but more like a place where people can share other things. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
It is not really clear what the agenda of a troll is because there are different kinds.

One kind will come into your topic or respond to your post within a topic, and basically write that they are not interested in the topic or post they read, which makes us wonder why they went to all that trouble to read something they have no interest in and then spend an amount of time to write something expressing their uninterest.

Another kind will come into your topic or respond to your post within a topic and write something along the lines of you being a certain kind of person, written in such a way as to belittle, demean, racially slur, state their superiority to you or just plain attack you because of the way you have written something.

And yet another kind will come into your topic or respond to your post within a topic and write something that has nothing to do with the flow of conversation being had, especially being quite off-topic, in such as the topic being about a party and the troll wants to argue about an ancient temple.

We can never be sure why a troll does what they do. They can be acting like a child in a kitchen being offered something to eat and all they do is complain that everything in the kitchen is inedible and they really want to eat a hat. They can act like a child who has gathered up all the toys in the room so none of the other kids can play, and then throw a tantrum because no-one wants to play with them as all the toys are off-limits. They can act like school-yard bully who has to show how tough they are by randomly running around and hitting anyone who isn’t looking first, then hitting anyone who saw that first hit.

And would you believe that there is no getting away from them? They will shadow you where you go and just pop up with something to disrupt a conversation. Susan Doris likes to do this…likes to complain to the Moderators that she feels a topic doesn’t belong and when she is deflected, she complains in the topic itself that it doesn’t belong, and when she is deflected she complains that the deflection was just to deflect the topic not belonging…and around it will go and disrupt the topic by making potential posters not even bother to interact.

SallyJessy apparently likes to jump in to a topic and before you know it you are reading allusions to their drug use and how they failed at school and getting a driver’s license and being promoted at work as they don’t like being tested…and you are wondering how a topic about a party ended up down some kind of road.

There are simple words written out in the Rules section, in the forum list, in the articles list, everywhere actually, which simply outline what will not be tolerated; what each of the boards is about; what this whole site is for: for people to interact in order to define answers to their interests, and to possibly expand the knowledge-base about a particular interest.

It used to be that Moderators floated about the boards and read posts here and there and pulled someone up for their unruly behaviour, but this is a whole new age of communication where we have become used to unruly behaviour and now deem it as being a direct threat to someone rather than a simple attack upon someone. Yes, we actually can disrupt a topic by attacking someone for who they are or what is being written about because that is the new norm these days.

Rather than wonder at how members should be moderated about their behaviour, maybe it is time the whole site get a cleansing by having its function analysed by the only person actually responsible for the site, and whether this function is being lived up to by the performance of its members…everyone…including myself. I mean, why is it that I have felt it necessary to identify a few trolls and the behaviour of trolls in order that potential new members or potential posts of current members still flow?

I may have only become a member in 2003 and only written some 2200 posts, but I came here after reading the end of Underworld and the invitation to see more photos on this site; and after reading what people were talking about and what many were trying to understand, I started posting. One of my earliest posts was asking about the damage done to one of the chambers in Khufu’s Pyramid, not even knowing which chamber it was…that was how uneducated I was about the pyramid. Several years later I had an idea and subsequently wrote Opus Mundialis Rostau, an analysis on Khufu’s Pyramid and what it was planned from. It has great potential of being proved correct, especially due to the recent Pyramid Scans Project identifying a void where my analysis depicts the noonday winter solstice sun to reside when the pyramid is overlaid to the cosmos. (I was asked to write an article about the analysis and it is supposed to be published here this month but who knows.)

I have had a lot of fun here, so too so many others…all contributing to a knowledge-base and giving our own brains a chance to expand that base. But if I was that new member of 2003 coming into this site today and reading some of the exchanges occurring, I would be just like a recent new member who decided it wasn’t worth it: Disappointing

In ending, I guess I would like to say: Trolls! You have the floor. Apparently your miserable lives and your feelings of unworthiness in who you are can shake your jolly-tree in here as you stamp your school-yard behaviour on anyone and anything you read. Good luck to you in your agenda of slowly eroding this site away from the inside…you must have something really mean against Graham for being such an explorer of things many folks find hard to accept, and you must be quite the disgruntled person for whatever reason it is that you are disgruntled. I would call such behaviour ‘subversion’. And you will always find me making fun of you for all to read.

Cheers!

if necessity is the mother of invention, why is there a monster under my bed?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Magical Trolls and Where to Find Them 2126 drew 18-Feb-18 21:08
Re: Magical Trolls and Where to Find Them 383 M. J. Thomas 19-Feb-18 00:26
Re: Magical Trolls and Where to Find Them 442 Susan Doris 19-Feb-18 06:46
Re: Magical Trolls and Where to Find Them 332 muppedo 04-Mar-18 22:57
I thought I spotted a couple... 345 drew 21-Feb-18 06:24
What is their agenda? 354 drew 03-Mar-18 22:42
Re: What is their agenda? 371 SandyJesse 04-Mar-18 00:30
Re: What is their agenda? 342 drew 05-Mar-18 01:22
Re: What is their agenda? 376 SandyJesse 05-Mar-18 02:16
Re: What is their agenda? 380 drew 05-Mar-18 07:22
How to check a troll 311 drew 16-Jun-18 22:30
Re: How to check a troll 237 Itatw70s 30-Jun-18 23:01
Re: How to check a troll 260 drew 01-Jul-18 03:38
Re: How to check a troll 266 Itatw70s 02-Jul-18 11:43
Re: Magical Trolls and Where to Find Them 227 drew 22-Jul-18 00:04
Re: Magical Trolls and Where to Find Them 247 Martin Stower 22-Jul-18 01:45
A hypocrite-troll’s typical post 256 Martin Stower 22-Jul-18 01:54
Welcome, Martin... 220 drew 22-Jul-18 12:54
Still trying the con job 256 Martin Stower 22-Jul-18 14:30
what a con job 218 drew 22-Jul-18 21:21
what a numbers job 214 drew 22-Jul-18 21:45
Number manipulation by Martin Stower 203 drew 22-Jul-18 22:48
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 239 Martin Stower 23-Jul-18 00:37
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 203 drew 23-Jul-18 03:12
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 227 Martin Stower 23-Jul-18 09:05
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 196 drew 23-Jul-18 10:48
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 201 Martin Stower 23-Jul-18 10:57
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 206 drew 23-Jul-18 11:04
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 200 Martin Stower 23-Jul-18 11:17
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 189 drew 23-Jul-18 11:25
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 202 Martin Stower 23-Jul-18 11:41
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 207 Susan Doris 23-Jul-18 12:55
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 209 Martin Stower 23-Jul-18 13:06
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 204 Susan Doris 23-Jul-18 18:01
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 196 Martin Stower 23-Jul-18 22:10
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 356 Susan Doris 24-Jul-18 06:20
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 196 drew 23-Jul-18 10:35
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 215 Martin Stower 23-Jul-18 11:03
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 188 drew 23-Jul-18 11:05
Re: Number manipulation by Martin Stower 205 Martin Stower 23-Jul-18 11:33
Ah, you fool 212 drew 23-Jul-18 13:39
Re: Ah, you fool 227 Martin Stower 23-Jul-18 15:02
Is Martin out of puff? 192 drew 23-Jul-18 11:16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.