Paranormal & Supernatural :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions of everything that might be classed as ‘paranormal‘ - i.e. not currently accepted by our modern scientific paradigm. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Today I had the pleasure of spending some time viewing Mayan art works at the San Francisco Museum.

First of all I have to say they speak nothing of any of the stuff we see on this board. I guess this is what we call the mainstreamers that rejects or ignores all the amazing mysteries of the Mayans.

For example there was no mention of a codex or showing of one or description of its contents. There was no mention of the calander and its end date of Dec. 21 2010. There was no mention of possible offshore mayan civiliations, and the possible link to Atlantis. By the way the video they showed on the neighboring forests/jungles shows a true kind of blissful state.

They showed the art of the king's home, mainly, and it included many fancy cups and bowls with pictures of the king in his home. The king had no problem

being shown as a relaxing luxerient person, against pillows with jaguar pelts and artwork everywhere. There didn't seem to be any concept of a harem. other than that the king lived high on the hog.

They showed a model of one that for some reason they had as a black man, about 5 foot 8, wearing a lot of jade and gold. I saw that his facial features were not negroid, but were anglo, except unmistakenly black black, the color of charcoal.

I also saw a number of paintings of women that appeared to have clearly asian features, with the slanted eyes and cheekbones. The asians must have been over there somehow.

They speak of mystery as being mainly the mystery of where did they go and why did they perish?

The bigger mysteries have been the subject of a number of postings hear, and yet weren't shown at all at this museum.

In an intro video they showed King pacal's tomb, which has a cover showing what looks like an astronaut, and which appears at page 141 of Mr. Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods book. No mention of the astronaut.

So much for that. Maybe we will have to start our own museum.

They showed a project where some people from Yale Univ. recreated and repainted a mural inside some king's home. They did a study on the pigments actually used by the Mayan artists, and supposedly recreated those very pigments. Pretty impressive work (it was featured at the museum)

The articles next to the art items of course describe what they are, most from 700-800 AD in the Yucatan/Belize/Guatemalan region.

In a book about the peoples in that area that it is said that the olmecs,who preceeded the Mayans, may have spoken a Mayan language. Well why wouldn't they call Mayan Olmec, if the Olmecs came first.

The Olmecs have those huge heads that show some black people, which could be the ancestor of the black mayan shown at the museum.

They described a surprise in the archelogical community when they learned to their collective surprise that the Mayan were a warrior group. Initially they were thought of as a sophisticated art loving group.

Then they found their weapons of mass destruction and paintings of all kinds of fierce battle scenes. It was stated that the fighting was against fellow mayans, kings against kings.

They supposedly fought over commercial issues, such as the flow of cocoa, jade, and tobacco. They believed in an underground god of commerce, and evil one that they would despise and copy at the same time. They found the rational that the best way to deal with evil is to embrace it, become it, and then use the power of the evil to fend off the evil.

Sounds like a state of denial to me.

They would capture members of other kingdoms. They would keep prisoners as slaves. Each battle would deliver up new people to work for them forever. The steps on the pyramids they have show picturegraphs of, of all things, prisoners. And it was clear enough that life for a prisoner then was not a kind one.

This brutal warrior image shattered the enchanted artist vision of the Mayans.

the other thing I found interesting was that they say that the Mayan people and culture are still very much alive today. They said there were some living even in San Francisco (which of course has a little bit of just about any kind of human, and then some).

They had a number of art and clothing products created by modern day Mayans living in Mexico, Guatamela and Belize. I don't know where they can get these natural sharp and extra deep bright colors (yellows, purples, reds)

One other observation about the exhibit: it was amazingly packed, all kinds of people lining up to see Mayan art.

So why all this interest is these ancient peoples that still live on

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
My trip to the Mayan Exhibit 243 Citizen Attorney 28-Oct-04 04:37
Re: My trip to the Mayan Exhibit 95 Brian Patterson 04-Nov-04 03:01
Re: My trip to the Mayan Exhibit 88 Citizen Attorney 04-Nov-04 03:28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.