Paranormal & Supernatural :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions of everything that might be classed as ‘paranormal‘ - i.e. not currently accepted by our modern scientific paradigm. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hoppy, the most neglected study in the world is the study of mankind and his purpose on this earth. You took up the subject of education. I'll continue with the second requirement for truly spirituality, which is virtue. Generally, we associate virtue with extreme sexual control. But it may be true that a virtuous person can also be sexual. When I was with the Marine Corps in Korea, I met one of the most virtuous human beings I ever met in my life - a Korean whore! She sacrificed her body to the American soldiers in order to protect and educate a houseful of Korean war orphans. What greater virtue than that?

A virtuous person will seek to provide a world in which all can fit. One person in the politics board wrote, "Capitalism sucks." Do all capitalists have to be trashy? Is none among them enlightened? Is there no place for them on earth? My father was a millionaire capitalist. I left the business and became a high school teacher because Dad wanted to enslave me to the Puritan work ethic. However, Dad employed Blacks as skilled artisans, making some foremen, at a time when they could not hope to be more than unskilled laborers. He gave all his employees, White and Black, a family medical plan at a time when hardly any employer would do this. I still laugh when I remember how Dad almost had a bowel movement when he hired a Black finish carpenter, finding out that the man had ten children! But he went ahead anyway and gave that family a generous medical plan.

On one occasion, Dad bought out an entire supermarket. All the employees and their families were invited to enter with baskets in hand, and empty that store of all its merchandise. I was there myself that night. It was a great party.

Many people like to belittle Jews because of their entreprenurial tendencies. My wife's cousin Rita's husband worked as a sewing machine operator for a Jewish clothing manufacturer. He told his employees that if they ever tired of working for wages, he would gladly let them use a part of the factory to start their own enterprises. Rita's husband decided to accept this fine Jewish man's offer. He soon became a rich clothing manufacturer himself. Two of their children became medical doctors. The other became a paramedic.

When I was living in Costa Rica, Dad wrote me that Mom, who was a drug addict anyway, was having wild affairs with other men. The shock made me go nearly blind, and I had to be led around for a while. I went to a Jewish optometrist, telling him of my plight and asking him to give me some mercy, for I had little money. He gave me an eye test free of charge and required only that I pay his costs for grinding the dark colored lens I needed. Isn't that some sign of virtue?

Just because some people claim to be spiritual doesn't mean that they are. When I was a little ten year old boy, I was fanatically religious. I loved to go to Wednesday night prayer meetings at the Nazarene church Mom and Dad attended and go up to the altar to pray for the grace of God. Our preacher would pray over me, screaming at the top of his lungs for God to give me His grace when all the while, he was banging the church's tantalizingly busty choir leader!

I wish that we could all quite the name-calling and fault-finding, and get serious - and sincere - about the business of spirituality.

Gene

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 591 gene douglas 02-Feb-04 17:11
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 209 Hoppy 03-Feb-04 02:10
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 239 gene douglas 03-Feb-04 04:22
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 255 Dominick Ohrbeck 07-Feb-04 19:26
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 237 Cleopatra 16-Feb-04 10:45
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 236 Dominick Ohrbeck 18-Feb-04 20:51
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 322 Dominick Ohrbeck 18-Feb-04 20:52
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 186 David L 03-Feb-04 15:44
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 213 gene douglas 03-Feb-04 22:07
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 186 David L 03-Feb-04 23:25
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 207 DENNIS 07-Feb-04 11:55
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 219 DENNIS 07-Feb-04 16:14
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 228 David L 07-Feb-04 17:40
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 232 DENNIS 07-Feb-04 19:53
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 179 David L 07-Feb-04 21:34
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 219 David L 07-Feb-04 21:50
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 297 Cleopatra 16-Feb-04 12:05
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 181 David L 07-Feb-04 17:38
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 178 DENNIS 08-Feb-04 00:51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.