Paranormal & Supernatural :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions of everything that might be classed as ‘paranormal‘ - i.e. not currently accepted by our modern scientific paradigm. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hello, Everybody:

Those who have read my postings know that I frequently insist that we humans can improve our fortunes on earth, if, and only if, we follow the following three steps strictly:

1. Get the best worldly education that money can buy. By "worldly education," I mean mathematics, physics, reading, astronomy, biology, geography, history, and any other aspects of "worldly education." Some correspondents have told me that they know some highly educated but lousy people. That's true. But a highly educated person who uses his intellectual treasures unwisely will come to regret it, either in this existence or in another. Also, there is no evil on earth more beastly than ignorance combined with irresponsibility.

2. Next, a person must strive for sainthood in all aspects of life. If you were foolish enough or unable to get a worldly education, this second step will make your life much happier and more abundant. The 17th century Spanish philosopher-priest, Baltazar Gracián, wrote in his Bible of Worldly Wisdom: (quote) …be a saint; that says everything. Virtue is a chain of perfections, the center of all happiness. She makes you prudent, discreet, sensible, wise, brave, cautious, happy, praiseworthy, true…a universal hero. These things make one blessed: saintliness, wisdom, and prudence. Virtue is the sun of the lesser world, and its hemisphere is a good conscience. It is so lovely that it win's God's grace and that of others. There is nothing as lovable as virtue, nor as hateful as vice. Virtue along is for real; all else is sham. Talent and greatness depend on virtue, not on fortune. Only virtue is sufficient unto herself. She makes us love the living and remember the dead. (unquote)

3. Most of us can intuit the wisdom of the first two steps. But what is not so evident is the vital necessity of convincing ourselves that a spiritual dimension is real, right here on this earthly orb, and that we have guardian angels and spirits rubbing shoulders with us night and day, giving us valuable guidance, advice, and insights that in our ignorance of their reality, we foolishly overlook. Guardian angels are the other half of ourselves that we're not using. When your own efforts are failing, they're the "doctors" who'll give you that valuable "second opinion." Until we become convinced of their reality, mankind is operating at only fifty percent or less accuracy and efficiency. I think that I can provide in this posting a scientific and effective method for finding out that we're not alone in this old world.

First and foremost, we must realize that guardian angels rarely introduce themselves in person as such. Neither do they present themselves in the mind as "hunches," "premonitions," or "intuitive predictions," though I don't rule this out completely. They tend to set up scenarios in which some person will give you the information you need, or you will read or hear about the information in a book, on TV, on the radio, in a newspaper, or through some other similar medium. In fact, this is the way it happens 90 percent of the time! I first found this out in the early 1980s, when I was doing my research into the origins of Judaism, which ultimately provided the material for my book, Jesus and Moses Are Buried in India, Birthplace of Abraham and the Hebrews! One day, my wife and I went to California State University at San Bernardino, to research this subject in their fine library. While there, I found the book, The Lost Tribes a Myth, by Allen H. Godby. Opening up the first page, I found a short list of references that were not listed in the bibliography. I chose a reference, looked it up in the stacks, and spent the rest of the morning taking notes.

On my second visit, I got Godby's book, wrote down the second reference, located it in the stacks, and continued with my note taking. I did this three times. However, on the fourth visit to the Library, I was astonished to open up the book to that first page, only to find that this page was a complete blank! To say the least, I was totally dumbfounded. From then on, I got no more of this mysterious help. "Whoever and whatever" it was decided that I'd have to do all the work myself from then on. Thank God, those references gave me valuable direction which has never ceased unto this very day. Until now, I have told this to only a handful of close friends.

After that, I thought no more about this mysterious anomaly until several years later. One day, my wife and went to the bank to draw five hundred dollars from my account for our visit to Las Vegas the next day. I put the money in the glove compartment. On the way home, we decided to stop at a local theater complex and watch a movie. Just before the movie started, my wife began to complain that she had neglected to lock the right door of the car. She asked to leave the auditorium and lock it. I told her that I was sure she had locked it. She then got quite adamant with me, demanding that I let hergo outside and close the door. I refused to let her leave.

After the movie, we went out to the parking lot. Sure enough, not only had she left the door open, but the window was down. I opened the glove compartment and was relieved to see that the money was still there. I apologized to my wife for doubting her. But she said that she had not said those things in the theater. I at first became angry, thinking she was trying to make me think I had gone crazy. However, I calmed down. I had no other choice but to recognize the truth that some unknown being had warned us.

On the third time this happened (Perhaps something like this happened countless times before, but I failed to reason why), I was visiting my now "ex-Arab-American" friend who is married to my wife's niece. I stopped being friends with him after he failed the city as mayor. I do not get along with my brother-in-law's widow and her daughters. One day, as I was visiting him, he said, "They hate you because of etc., etc., etc.," describing evil acts that I had never committed. My sister-in-law is known to be a vicious gossiper. I was stunned. I went home, telling my wife what he had said. On another day, I went back to his home and scolded him for not defending me with that woman and her daughters. "You've known me for thirty-five years," I said. "You know those things aren't true."

He then said, "In no way did I tell you these things." Knowing him as I did and do, I realized he wasn't lying.

Although you may not know it, many times in your life, guardian angels have counseled and guided you in this fashion. Whenever strange occurrences like these happen, wait a while and then return to your source, requesting confirmation. For example, someone you always thought was your friend may look you directly in the eye and growl, "I think you are a piece of trash." Now, he might not or might have said it. It may be true that someone you can't see with your eyes is wanting to save you some future grief. In a case like this, wait a day or two. Go back and ask him why he said what he did. If he says he didn't, you know someone else is putting you on alert. Unless you get confirmation, there will be no way to prove whether you're crazy or sane. If the event never happened, you're crazy. If it did, you're not.

The following happened to one of my wife's nieces. She had as personal friends a poor Black couple with one teenage daughter. This small family lived in a motor home. One day, they took their daughter to a shoe store to price a pair of stylish shoes she had been wanting. A friendly salesman, claiming to be the owner, showed the shoes to the family. However, upon hearing the price, the father said, "I'm sorry, daughter, these shoes are too expensive for us to buy."

The "owner" of the shoe store said, "No matter. I want this nice young lady to have them. Take them, paying for them when you're able. I trust you and know you'll return." He then put the shoes in a sack and said goodby to the family. He also gave them his name, telling them to pay him directly when they returned.

A few weeks later, the father and mother returned to the store with the money. They were astonished to find out that the clerks had never heard of this man in their lives!

Again, I say: "When you hear or see some anomaly such as I have described," get confirmation. Only in this way can we prove these beings exist. Such confirmation may also save you the inconvenience of a tailor-made strait-jacket.

Some readers have asked me why I feel terrified whenever I read the Politics and Current Events message board. I read it as little as possible. I have this attitude because I suspect that many of the correspondents are depending entirely on their own judgments and senses, without getting some kind of corroboration or "second opinion" from the unseen friends who live among us, though we may not be willing to admit they are real. As long as we stubbornly insist that this other dimension is non-existent, we have no right to complain when things go wrong in this world and in our lives.

Gene D. Matlock

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 543 gene douglas 02-Feb-04 17:11
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 192 Hoppy 03-Feb-04 02:10
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 217 gene douglas 03-Feb-04 04:22
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 236 Dominick Ohrbeck 07-Feb-04 19:26
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 218 Cleopatra 16-Feb-04 10:45
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 218 Dominick Ohrbeck 18-Feb-04 20:51
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 289 Dominick Ohrbeck 18-Feb-04 20:52
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 170 David L 03-Feb-04 15:44
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 192 gene douglas 03-Feb-04 22:07
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 164 David L 03-Feb-04 23:25
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 191 DENNIS 07-Feb-04 11:55
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 202 DENNIS 07-Feb-04 16:14
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 211 David L 07-Feb-04 17:40
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 216 DENNIS 07-Feb-04 19:53
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 163 David L 07-Feb-04 21:34
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 200 David L 07-Feb-04 21:50
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 276 Cleopatra 16-Feb-04 12:05
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 164 David L 07-Feb-04 17:38
Re: How to Prove to Yourself That Guardian Angels and Spirits Truly Exist! 161 DENNIS 08-Feb-04 00:51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.