Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Rob, I knew that today you and I would arrive at this impasse. I was going to prepare an answer to you ahead of time, but I decided instead to wait to see if my hunch was true. You and I have never hurled hostile words at each other. Let's keep it that way. I have no hard feelings against you, and I'm sure you feel the same way. You've already had the experience of coming up against Dave Lomond, Maria, and now me. Maria was even thinking I should not debate with you. The temptation was strong, but I knew through experience that we both would reach this concluding point without scratching each other's eyess out. I'll explain why this has had to happen. All talk of serpent symbolism, grails, politics, leaders, deities, saints, messiahs, political parties, religions, Christ, Krishna, Masonry, and whatever is just pure Maya or illusion. Also, the word "God" is an ancient North Indian word meaning "eternal birth from the vulva," meaning evolution. Of course, I "believe" in the illusion of Capitalism. But Rob, all things evolve. Capitalism will reach a point someday when it will automatically cancel itself out. There is nothing you and I can do to stop it until Nature decides it is time for it to cancel out mateialism into what the Hindus call Moksha.

I also want to state that not at any moment did you have to "understand" or "learn" something. No one has to "understand" or "learn" what he already knows. Nature has mankind programmed to exploit the earth and the universe - first and above all. All humans instinctively crave glory, recognition, riches, self-exaltation, and everything that goes along with it. Just the experience of living tells us this is so. A few days ago, I saw a program on the History Channel about the famous Klondike gold rush. One hundred thousand people poured into the Klondike. Only a few hundred got rich. When I was a high school student, Mr. Snyder, my salesmanship teacher, told us to always make customers feel like they were the grandest tigers in the forest. In that way, we could lower their sales resistance. Even some criminals will commit horrendous acts, just to get their names in the papers. I have a good friend who becomes ecstatic when the editor of our local newspaper accepts one of his letters condemning President Bush. Nature has us all programmed this way so that we will take her required steps to spiritual freedom. It must surely also have something to do with evolution.

To assure that we human beings will ultimately accomplish that end, either through evolution or conscious, voluntary action, she has instinctively equipped us with what Christians call "Holy Trinity" or the "Father, Son, and Holy Ghost". In Hinduism, the "Holy Trinity" is called "Shiva's Trident." In Sanskrit, Trident = Trishul. It is composed of God Shiva, Vishnu, and Brahma. Shiva is this Physical, Material Universe. As the "Father," he is the destroyer of ignorance and evil. He is the Creator and Mother of the New (things that evolve to higher levels). He is the divine teacher of knowledge and wisdom. For us, Shiva would be such things as "mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, geography, history, ethics, philosophy, astronomy, reading, writing, and what have you." Through knowledge, we come to know laws that confirm the necessity of morality and good behavior on man's part.

The Son or progeny of all knowledge is Vishnu. Vishnu is the loving, creative side of Shiva. This is the level at which we develop morality, right action, right thinking, etc., for we then have the knowledge not guesswork (beliefs).

When a person dies, his degree of worldly development determines the quality of his spirit when it dissolves into the Void or Brahma. This is the Holy Ghost. Mother Nature then "computes" the degree and quality of a person's personal evolution on the material plane, and then sends him back again. He keeps this up for as many millenniums as necessary.

You and I instinctively feel these inner and even outer pressures. There's nothing to understand. We already know. Christ didn't teach us anything. Neither did Buddha, as he himself so stated to his disciples. Why must you be taught what you already know?

About "Belief." "Beliefs" are the illusions causing us to remain jailed in Maya or the Ego. None of us are free of "belief" at this point. You accused me of being a "believer." Rob, of course I am! What else can I be at this low level of my evolutionary development. But I see no harm in trying to work myself out of this predicament, no matter how millenniums it takes me.

This eternal war between the Political - Current Events Board and The Inner Space Message board is called in Hinduism, The War of the Mahabharata. Up until this point in history, the Political - Current Events Board has been the Big Winner. The Inner Space Board folks have been the losers. I don't blame you for thinking of us as yahoos when most humans are on the Political-Current Events board. Doesn't the majority win the election? But Rob, this will not last forever because all mankind is destined to evolve to higher levels. In the end, the guys on the Political-Current Events board will be the yahoos.

Rob, I didn't create this path that Nature has created for all of us. It's not my fault. Anyone not satisfied with this sentence on mankind should complain to her - not to me. What can I do about it? I'm just as chained to it as you are.

Therefore, knowing that we are now at this impasse, Rob, let's bid each other goodbye with no hard feelings.

Gene

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 519 gene douglas 13-Feb-04 13:33
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 137 Milo 13-Feb-04 20:28
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 169 sunbeam 13-Feb-04 22:28
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 185 Milo 13-Feb-04 23:12
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 157 gene douglas 14-Feb-04 01:15
The planet Pleiades 157 Richard Fusniak 14-Feb-04 19:41
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 209 sunbeam 13-Feb-04 22:49
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 127 Milo 14-Feb-04 00:09
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 125 gene douglas 14-Feb-04 03:20
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 124 Milo 14-Feb-04 04:44
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 177 gene douglas 14-Feb-04 05:40
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 151 Milo 14-Feb-04 06:40
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 183 gene douglas 14-Feb-04 12:12
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 125 Milo 14-Feb-04 16:18
Rob. we have now reached Impasse! 202 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 02:35
Re: Rob. we have now reached Impasse! 152 Milo 15-Feb-04 05:24
Re: Rob. we have now reached Impasse! 138 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 09:19
Re: Rob. we have now reached Impasse! 127 Milo 15-Feb-04 13:27
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 129 adequatedane 14-Feb-04 16:32
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 184 Milo 14-Feb-04 16:39
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 122 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 02:44
Mod remark 172 Kees 15-Feb-04 14:24
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 121 Kees 15-Feb-04 14:34
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 125 Milo 15-Feb-04 15:07
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 246 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 15:18
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 158 Milo 15-Feb-04 15:44
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 209 sunbeam 17-Feb-04 21:58
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 162 Elizabeth Newton 14-Feb-04 05:23
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 158 gene douglas 14-Feb-04 05:48
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 146 Milo 14-Feb-04 06:29
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 170 Prue 14-Feb-04 18:07
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 111 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 00:36
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 169 Prue 15-Feb-04 10:13
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 145 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 14:57
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 179 Prue 15-Feb-04 16:44
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 142 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 17:15
The Osiris template 156 Kees 15-Feb-04 14:39
Re: The Osiris template 131 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 15:30
Re: The Osiris template 171 Milo 15-Feb-04 15:49
Re: The Osiris template 161 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 16:23
Re: The Osiris template 125 Milo 15-Feb-04 17:07
Re: The Osiris template 156 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 17:33
Re: The Osiris template 155 Milo 15-Feb-04 17:50
Re: The Osiris template 169 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 18:32
Re: The Osiris template 136 Milo 15-Feb-04 18:43
Re: The Osiris template 168 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 19:03
Re: The Osiris template 124 Mark Staab 15-Feb-04 18:50
Re: The Osiris template 160 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 18:58
Re: The Osiris template 157 Mark Staab 15-Feb-04 20:08
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 173 jestahley3 15-Feb-04 05:27
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 223 jestahley3 15-Feb-04 17:12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.