Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Rob, I don't know how capitalism operates in U.K., where I'm assuming you now live, but in this country, if a guy doesn't make the grade, it's his own fault. Could it be that the "poor folks" are just playing a self-imposed game of victimization? Now, I'm not rich at all. People who knew my family back in Kansas are astonished to see that my wife and I live simply. But as I've said before, getting rich involves intense self-discipline and overwork.

On a recent Spanish language TV program, a Latin American immigrant to this country explained his love for my beloved country in terms that Karl Marx would've hated. He said that he was a poor, nearly illiterate candy-coated peanut vendor in his Central American country of origin. Not only that, he was an Amerindian, a race much despised in many Latin American countries. He then came to this country, resuming his "mani garapinado" (candy-coated peanut vending business). Within a few years, he had built up a huge peanut vending empire, earning so many millions he can't even count his money any more without help. He said that he really feels strange, being such an uneducated, unsophisticated, dark-skinned man, giving advice on achieving success to some of this country's leading entrepreneurs and industralists, many of them having advanced college degrees when he barely had two years' schooling in his life. And then he said something that reminded me of my high school dropout father's workaholic twenty-four-hours a day workday. He said, "But what I like most about this country is the freedom to work one hundred and more hours a week! I never had that freedom in my country." Rob, does what he said show us that the rich and powerful are not so snobbish and class-conscious as we've been taught? It's the most equalizing economic philosophy ever invented by mankind.

When I was still teaching high school, one of my immigrant Mexican students went on to become the owner of a computer products factory. Back in Mexicali, Baja California, he had just been a shoeshine boy. He told me that he felt so strange, flying to Washington, DC regularly, to confer with some of this country's highest political and industrial figures. One day, he flattered me with the following compliment. He said, "Mr. Matlock, if I had not had your close friendship while I was a student, I might not have risen this far. I said to myself, 'If I can impress Mr. Matlock with my knowledge and qualities, then I can do the same thing with all the other Gringos."

Rob, here we are discussing Man's Inner Self. Are we going to talk high and mighty about these things, and then fall back down into the mire of our own beliefs and self-deceptions? Must we keep on honoring those devils as mystical, divine truths? Back in the 1980s, I published a little book, Triple Your Intelligence, which is still selling. When I retired here to the High Desert in late 1988, a Negro man wrote me a letter, saying that by learning about the demon of belief (self and collective deception), he was able to free himself of the ghetto self-limiting, self-victimization mentality and educate himself sufficiently to become a high-ranking executive with a powerful company.

Unfortunately, I never got rich. But I can honestly say that I have received nearly all that I strived for in my youth: two college degrees; a comfortable job for life; retirement on a modest but comfortable pension at age 59; a medical plan for both my wife and me, but it doesn't include dental or vision. To fill prescriptions for a month's supply of medicines, a co-payment of just ten dollars monthly per prescription,but my wife and I prefer to go over to Algodones, Mexico and get a full year's supply of our medicines for just the price of one co-payment; the opportunity to travel frequently, at least once a year to some Mexican beach resort. I tried business and didn't like it. I didn't want to keep books and worry about strategies and diversification. By getting a satisfactory job, with plenty of benefits, I was able to live well on the path of least resistance.

Rob, if we will not take personal responsibility for all our successes and failures, if we insist on saying that the higher classes oppress the poorer classes, if we insist on being so in love with our dirty, peanut-size, evil little human minds - we deserve all that happens to us - and more!

Go over to the Politics and Current Events Message Board. They claim to know truth - telling it like it is! Some say smugly, "You'll remember I've been predicting what would happen to the world if Bush remained as president. And now it has happened. Americans --- please don't vote Bush back in office!" Rob, here's a man from another country, no doubt politically correct, telling me how I should vote. And he claims to hate political oppression and dictators? How smug must a person be before we see he is nothing but a yahoo? Man knows so little about truth, that he has not even reached the first rung or Nature's infinitely high ladder.

At the same time, they attack one another like animals. Some contributors to other boards, such as poor Dave Lomond, often get torn apart trying to reason with those yahoos. I myself constantly pray to God for the strength to not get involved in any more of their self- defeating debates. I don't have the guts for it any more, as Dave does. I hope he doesn't like chains and leather. And when Dave gets attacked, have you noticed that it is just that he thinks spiritual seekers should have gurus? Now, that is not my idea, but if his way of thinking is a defect, it is a very trivial one. The most defective are those who "tell it like it is', and who think they know the answers. Another enigma that makes me gag is the fact that they are PROUD to be slaves to their respective lines of thinking.

Rob, the Greeks preached the following dictum: "Man, know thyself!" Christ and Buddha became important, not because they were deities, but because they, especially Christ, taught a method for each human to know himself INSTANTLY, without severe disciplines and shivering uncomfortably in dank, cold caves. In reality, those two didn't teach anybody anything, as Guatama himself told his disciples constantly. All they did was to remind us humans of a reality that we've known all along, but are afraid to admit it.

I know that mankind is making an abrupt and radical transition to a new era - thanks to our burgeoning scientific knowledge. People feel scared and insecure. And the world has been ravaged heartlessly as it has already been ravaged by mankind. Here's a proof: Are their any more wild lions left back in the U.K.?

My wife and I have seen huge scientific facilities in isolated parts of the Nevada desert. A project in one of them is to make hydrogen economically feasible and develop affordable converters for our present gas and oil guzzlers. In the near future, perhaps within a decade, the Saudi Arabian sheiks are going to wake up one morning, finding that the USA doesn't want their damned oil any more. Camels may again become the main source of transportation there.

Gene

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 543 gene douglas 13-Feb-04 13:33
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 142 Milo 13-Feb-04 20:28
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 175 sunbeam 13-Feb-04 22:28
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 190 Milo 13-Feb-04 23:12
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 162 gene douglas 14-Feb-04 01:15
The planet Pleiades 160 Richard Fusniak 14-Feb-04 19:41
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 214 sunbeam 13-Feb-04 22:49
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 133 Milo 14-Feb-04 00:09
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 130 gene douglas 14-Feb-04 03:20
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 129 Milo 14-Feb-04 04:44
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 181 gene douglas 14-Feb-04 05:40
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 156 Milo 14-Feb-04 06:40
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 188 gene douglas 14-Feb-04 12:12
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 133 Milo 14-Feb-04 16:18
Rob. we have now reached Impasse! 206 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 02:35
Re: Rob. we have now reached Impasse! 157 Milo 15-Feb-04 05:24
Re: Rob. we have now reached Impasse! 143 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 09:19
Re: Rob. we have now reached Impasse! 132 Milo 15-Feb-04 13:27
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 135 adequatedane 14-Feb-04 16:32
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 189 Milo 14-Feb-04 16:39
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 127 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 02:44
Mod remark 176 Kees 15-Feb-04 14:24
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 126 Kees 15-Feb-04 14:34
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 131 Milo 15-Feb-04 15:07
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 254 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 15:18
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 165 Milo 15-Feb-04 15:44
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 226 sunbeam 17-Feb-04 21:58
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 171 Elizabeth Newton 14-Feb-04 05:23
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 163 gene douglas 14-Feb-04 05:48
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 151 Milo 14-Feb-04 06:29
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 175 Prue 14-Feb-04 18:07
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 115 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 00:36
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 175 Prue 15-Feb-04 10:13
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 153 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 14:57
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 184 Prue 15-Feb-04 16:44
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 148 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 17:15
The Osiris template 165 Kees 15-Feb-04 14:39
Re: The Osiris template 135 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 15:30
Re: The Osiris template 180 Milo 15-Feb-04 15:49
Re: The Osiris template 166 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 16:23
Re: The Osiris template 132 Milo 15-Feb-04 17:07
Re: The Osiris template 164 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 17:33
Re: The Osiris template 160 Milo 15-Feb-04 17:50
Re: The Osiris template 179 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 18:32
Re: The Osiris template 141 Milo 15-Feb-04 18:43
Re: The Osiris template 173 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 19:03
Re: The Osiris template 129 Mark Staab 15-Feb-04 18:50
Re: The Osiris template 165 gene douglas 15-Feb-04 18:58
Re: The Osiris template 165 Mark Staab 15-Feb-04 20:08
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 178 jestahley3 15-Feb-04 05:27
Re: Similarities between lives of Jesus Christ and India's Iesus Krishna. 228 jestahley3 15-Feb-04 17:12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.