Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hoho, I just used the word "Aztec" because they are the Toltecs with whom we are most familiar. Actually, the Aztecs were the last of seven tribes of Toltecs, as I remember. Their chronicles say that they were the last of the seven tribes of Toltecs to settle in the Valley of Mexico.

In Nahuatl, "Tollan" means "The Upper World" and appears to derive from the Sanskrit "Talan" (Those of the Upper World." "Tala" is a Sanskrit word for "Upper World or Eastern Hemisphere" while "Atala" is a Sanskrit word for "Lower World or Western Hemisphere."

When one looks at an ancient map of Northern India, he'll see a place, near the mythical mountain Meru in what is now Afghanistan. Afghanistan left the Hindu Sabha (Assembly of the Gods) confederation in the 1700s. It's name is Talantes or Taulantes. (See Edward Pococke's "India in Greece." This is a very rare book.) On the other side of the World, a place in the opposite location would be Atalantes. My personal certainty is that Mexico and/or the seas east of Mexico is/are Atlantis. I have confirmed this, Hindu Style, by folding a world polar map and sticking a needle through the two points. This is how Hindu teachers in India demonstrate this to their students.

Those who have been involved in discussions on GH for a long time know that I argued and debated my certainty about this many times, and in great detail and passion, before I decided to concede and say no more about it. I freely admit that I lost these debates fair and square. But that doesn't mean I've changed my mind, either. I'm just keeping my trap shut when Atlantis discussions continue to pop up. Therefore, this is all I want to say about this except, perhaps, in context. But I have conceded and am willing to live with this. I am not the kind of guy who frets too much about losing debates. As the Buddhists say, "Repeat something over and over often enough, and for you it is a law of the universe." I also see "Toltec" as linguistically similar to the Sanskrit "Tal-Tukh," meaning "Sons of the Upper World." "Nahua" appears to derive from the Sanskrit "Nava" (ship) or "Navaja," (sailor). The Aztecs, as well as the other tribes of Toltecs, could not pronounce "V" or "B." Here's another anomaly: Tlaloc was the Toltec God of Rain and Sky. In Sanskrit, Tala = "Upper World" and Lokhi = "World."

Gene

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Is the Mexican NAGUAL an India Import? 1332 gene douglas 13-Feb-04 04:57
Re: Is the Mexican NAGUAL an India Import? 223 fiascohoho 13-Feb-04 06:23
Re: Is the Mexican NAGUAL an India Import? 224 gene douglas 13-Feb-04 10:30
Re: Is the Mexican NAGUAL an India Import? 198 Hoppy 13-Feb-04 13:34
Re: Is the Mexican NAGUAL an India Import? 179 gene douglas 13-Feb-04 16:20
Re: Is the Mexican NAGUAL an India Import? 196 Hoppy 13-Feb-04 18:41
Re: Is the Mexican NAGUAL an India Import? 249 fiascohoho 13-Feb-04 19:30
Re: Is the Mexican NAGUAL an India Import? 254 fiascohoho 13-Feb-04 19:25
Re: Is the Mexican NAGUAL an India Import? 385 gene douglas 13-Feb-04 22:25
Wow! Great bit of synchronicity for me! 183 Sherman Peabody 13-Feb-04 22:41
Re: Wow! Great bit of synchronicity for me! 203 Hoppy 13-Feb-04 23:28
Re: Wow! Great bit of synchronicity for me! 279 gene douglas 14-Feb-04 01:24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.