Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Maria, he'll never find any peace. And he gets so vicious when one doesn't become obsessed with the evil in the world with him. He'll scream such things to me as, "I see you want little children to die of hunger and lack of medical attention." Or, "You were exceedingly happy when little Iraqi children got blown to bits." Or, "You hate the Mexicans you claim to love because you want them to stop speaking Spanglish (a disorganized and unruly mixture of English and Spanish street slang). Yet, he himself is fanatically meticulous in his language habits. By the way, he's one of the meanest tempered and most agressive atheists I've ever known in my life.

However, his case is almost mild compared with one I'm involved with right now. There's a really sweet-natured Mexican man who has been a close friend of mine for the past ten years. His honesty and integrity are impeccable in spite of the fact that Anselmo has never had one significant victory in his life. He is a Mexican Indian born in a migrant farm worker camp in Mexico. He never went to school in his life. When he came to this country, he learned how to read and write a little, count, write checks, speak a little English, and pass the citizenship exam. But that's about all.

About five years ago, the drunk 19 year old daughter of a high-ranking police officer in this area crashed into a car in which he was riding, making Anselmo a partial invalid for life. Being ignorant and unable to defend himself, Anselmo was unable to stand up to that girl's lawyers and received only $4,000 compensation. At first, it looked as if the government would train him in some occupation not requiring significant physical labor.

But then the impossible happened.

Some Jehovah's Witness missionaries in his neighborhood started working on his uneducated, simple mind, convincing him that the world would end on January 1, 2000. Feeling helpless before the so-called wrath of "God," and concerned for his wife and three children, Anselmo went off the deep end. He would oscillate between getting violent and withdrawing into himself, in a fetal position. I myself had to help commit him to a state mental hospital. He stayed there for a month, but was never again the same after that. He has now become a complete vegetable. He even has to think for a few minutes before answering simple questions, such as how old he is or doing simple chores like mowing a lawn. At first, we hired him to mow our lawn, but about all he could do was make it look like crop circles.

Maria, when he became so deeply affected by the threat of January 1,2000, I reasoned with him in every way possible, trying to convince him of the fraudulent teachings of that "you-know-who" group. I explained to him that Time is non-existent in Nature. But nothing worked. How wonderful it would have been had Anselmo not let his mind become concerned with conditions that were not only non-existent, but entirely out of his control.

The result? I am now helping him fill out the forms needed so that he can go on complete disability! That's why I say that my elderly friend's case is "that crazy kid stuff" compared to what has happened to Anselmo's inability to keep his mind and emotions under control. We MUST accept the truth that there IS a divine purpose in this life, in spite of all that is happening, and stop tearing ourself apart, worring about what it is not possible to control or forcing the world to accept our personal and idealistic ideas on politics, social change, and the like.

Gene

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 684 gene douglas 28-Jan-04 10:08
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 186 maria k. 28-Jan-04 18:52
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 179 gene douglas 28-Jan-04 19:27
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 196 Hoppy 29-Jan-04 01:24
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 184 gene douglas 29-Jan-04 05:11
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 194 maria k. 29-Jan-04 05:00
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 169 gene douglas 29-Jan-04 05:19
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 255 maria k. 29-Jan-04 07:32
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 182 gene douglas 29-Jan-04 10:01
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 191 Caduceus 29-Jan-04 04:41
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 185 Segestan 29-Jan-04 14:59
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 207 Fredspage 31-Jan-04 17:38
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 446 gene douglas 31-Jan-04 17:59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.