Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Dear Deano, Unfortunately, I'm now past 75, hoping that I can go a few years beyond. I've had a life of varied and incredible experiences. Although I have waivered several times in my life in the face of all the injustices and stupidity we see on earth, including my own, I thank God that I'll be ending it in the certainty that life has no reason for existence if it does not seek a divine purpose or goal. Some folks think that is unscientific reasoning, but I feel it would be unscientific to think otherwise. For what purpose are we living our lives if there is to be no true purpose or reason for living it?

The 17th Spanish priest, Baltasar Gracian, wrote that only foolish men are upset by events they cannot control. He said, "Let him who cannot control his impatience take refuge within himself and test his strength in putting up with himself."

I have a friend one year older than I who lives in a state of perpetual anguish. In all his waking hours, he spends his time crying about what is happening on earth and condemns me for taking refuge within myself in the face of events I know I can't control. I also feel that I don't have the education or know-how to bring about my ideal of what the world should be in my lifetime. And what if my ideal is not that of the majority?

I try to tell him that both of us have betweeen five to ten years left. "Let us seek our own happiness and not worry so much about those who are shortchanged in life. Let's look at things this way: If you and I learn how to be happy, we'll at least be two people closer to man's dream of a better world.

Gene

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 684 gene douglas 28-Jan-04 10:08
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 186 maria k. 28-Jan-04 18:52
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 179 gene douglas 28-Jan-04 19:27
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 196 Hoppy 29-Jan-04 01:24
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 184 gene douglas 29-Jan-04 05:11
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 194 maria k. 29-Jan-04 05:00
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 169 gene douglas 29-Jan-04 05:19
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 255 maria k. 29-Jan-04 07:32
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 183 gene douglas 29-Jan-04 10:01
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 192 Caduceus 29-Jan-04 04:41
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 185 Segestan 29-Jan-04 14:59
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 207 Fredspage 31-Jan-04 17:38
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 446 gene douglas 31-Jan-04 17:59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.