Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Maria, this was a free ride and, as I remember, was sponsored by the Du Pont paint and chemical company. It was located near the front entrance of Disneyland. I was fascinated with it and took the ride each time I went to Disneyland. Later on it was removed, probably from lack of public interest. Of course, no one felt any physical sensation of shrinking when he took the ride. However, the illusion was fantastic. Then, just as we were going to enter one of the tiny "planets," the narrator pretended to become frightened and "pulled" us back to the front entrance. Before leaving, there was a large plastic eye peering at us from a gigantic microscope. It was realistic in every detail.

What made this ride so fantastic, in my opinion, is that it is indeed true that what we believe to be "matter" is not solid after all. And, if we could shrink infinitely, this would really happen.

Even when I was young, I used to wonder whether we were not all part of a larger being, such as Brahma. I wrote a little short story about this when I left the Marine Corps in 1954, but I lost it later on.

I think that one reason why Man finds it so hard to understand himself is that he still thinks of the sky or space as being vertical instead of infinitely omnidirectional. Earth is a sphere. I was reading recently that the word "heaven" originally just meant sky or space.

Science has proven that matter and energy are related, and that neither is ever destroyed. Life energy must be energy, as its name so implies. So how could it be the only energy in the universe to become destroyed? If life energy is energy, then we most certainly go to heaven (space) when we die, whether we're saints or sinners. Since all of space is infinitely large and growing (God or Khod), and if it's true as some skeptics claim, that life energy ceases to exist when the body dies, then, I say, pray tell me what happens to it? I say that it is still present.

Just in case somebody from the "you know what" board accuses me of actually believing that Brahma exists, I want to say that I don't know whether or not it is true. But it is certainly an interesting topic of discussion. However, as far as each of us just being a walking galaxy of suns, planets, stars, etc., enclosed within an illusionary periphery called "Ego," I feel certain that this is, indeed, true.

Gene

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 717 gene douglas 28-Jan-04 10:08
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 199 maria k. 28-Jan-04 18:52
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 189 gene douglas 28-Jan-04 19:27
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 209 Hoppy 29-Jan-04 01:24
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 195 gene douglas 29-Jan-04 05:11
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 204 maria k. 29-Jan-04 05:00
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 179 gene douglas 29-Jan-04 05:19
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 267 maria k. 29-Jan-04 07:32
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 193 gene douglas 29-Jan-04 10:01
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 202 Caduceus 29-Jan-04 04:41
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 196 Segestan 29-Jan-04 14:59
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 217 Fredspage 31-Jan-04 17:38
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 470 gene douglas 31-Jan-04 17:59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.