Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Gene, do you remember if this ride was designed during Walt Disney life (he died in the late 60’s) or later?

Few years ago a guy in the animation studio I work in was diagnosed with prostate cancer. It was unexpected and just before he retired, and he planned his retirement so well! So suddenly he was faced with his own mortality. He was always very perceptive, attuned to nature (he and his wife used to go on hiking trips to the mountains every weekend), but now he focused his whole attention on himself. He is from Cuba and his English is not that great so I only got a rough outline of what strange things he experienced while experimenting with his “mind”. I wouldn’t be that impressed if he was someone from this board as people here read sophisticated books and one can be easily influenced by what one reads. But this man has not read any new age, not philosophical, nor ancient mysteries books, that I know for sure. He is an animator: more visual than “cerebral”. And yet…He told me that before he fell asleep, with his eyes closed, he would start concentrating on where his “I’ was. He moved his attention through his body and had to conclude “he” was not there, then he moved to his brain and the suddenly the brain began growing and growing and suddenly it was space itself, with planets etc. I don’t remember exactly but his conclusion was that he was shocked to “realize” he was everything that is and in a way he was God (he was always atheist). He also told me that during this intense meditation before falling asleep he would see an EYE in the dark space watching him. This would continue night after night and it moved him deeply. He underwent radiation therapy, is now OK, retired and back in his home in Florida. I miss his stories.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 687 gene douglas 28-Jan-04 10:08
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 187 maria k. 28-Jan-04 18:52
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 180 gene douglas 28-Jan-04 19:27
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 197 Hoppy 29-Jan-04 01:24
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 186 gene douglas 29-Jan-04 05:11
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 195 maria k. 29-Jan-04 05:00
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 170 gene douglas 29-Jan-04 05:19
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 256 maria k. 29-Jan-04 07:32
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 184 gene douglas 29-Jan-04 10:01
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 193 Caduceus 29-Jan-04 04:41
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 186 Segestan 29-Jan-04 14:59
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 208 Fredspage 31-Jan-04 17:38
Re: How a Disneyland Ride Proved to Me That We Never Die! 447 gene douglas 31-Jan-04 17:59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.