One says: "stay away from science"; the other says, "there is NO objective evidence". This is a very confusing forum, especially because it is Graham Hancock's forum, where ANY SUBJECT could arise from the mists of time and clouds of space (analogy).
It behooves me to IGNORE the critical thinking and move on into this OP, regardless of personal (subjective) opinion. No one person is greater or smarter than another. I know some DO DISAGREE with that assessment, but what other choice do I have? I call them as I see them, and WORDS ARE ALL WE HAVE on this forum!!!
I was looking up THE MIND on the internet and I found this very cut and dried comment about the mind by a gastroenterologist named, William B. Salt:
Now, for those of you who need a quote from this man, I have a couple:
"The brain is the physical organ most associated with mind and consciousness, but the mind is not confined to the brain".
Also: "Your mind is part of the invisible, transcendent world".
That is a lot to say by a short link!!!
He also said there are five functions of the mind:
1. Thought--this is the auditory process of the mind. In fact, it has been said somewhere that "inner" conversations about whatever is being reasoned out seems like two sides of the auditory performances. Why? Because we MUST have inner consultation before we act or confide in another person.
2. Feeling--This is generated by intense perceptivity throughout the whole body; deeply felt in the heart, or, center of the body.
3. Attitude--This is what is now known as the "boundaries" one has concerning any subject, object and "para"-mind sensations (alternative, not-personal opinions).These can be useful with negotiations of personal wants and desires. Also, it is particularly directed toward what one needs, like food, shelter, help or as a means to abort any condition of an experience that one does not like or want.
4. Belief-- This tendency has literally "ruled" the world. It is a powerful mental estate having a plethora of idealisms as well as "concrete" behaviors that affect other people's minds and lives.
5. Imagination--This covers everything that can be conceived within the structure of the mind. Much more could be said of this since individuals take the mind to be the greatest constructor of things, ideas, and behaviors.
Do what you will with this; really!!!
The virtue of a highly evolved being embraces all people and things and dispels the darkness which isolates them.
Hua Hu Ching-primary lesson.
|Thoughts about THOUGHT.....||797||Itatw70s||15-Sep-19 19:18|
|Re: Thoughts about THOUGHT.....||215||Susan Doris||16-Sep-19 05:19|