Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Penrose and others signify that "We need more than quantum mechanics. We need a new quantum mechanics. We need to change pur basic physics in order to allow a space for consciousness". David Chalmers says, "It would take a radical change in our physics. There are fundamental aspects of our world that demand more than anything our current physics can handle".

"Consciousness should be recognized as a fundamental aspect of the Universe". We should take experience as a fundamental feature of the Universe beside mass, charge and spacetime. A theory of Consciousness will look like a new physics rather than an expanded biology".

Strawson admits that consciousness is an aspect of our physical world. "An experiential consciousness must be part of every part of the physical world".

Eddington says, "The mental aspects of the universe we know from our own immediate experience. It is the physical aspects of the world we have to explain".
Strawson's physics explains that the mental is built into the universe all the way down".

"No-one ever guaranteed a universe small enough for our small human minds".

To accept physics as complete is to "give up" attempting to understand how the world works at a fundamental level". We may never solve the problem of consciousness. But that blocks any further inquiry into that fundamental nature of inquiry.

Therefore, the most important "fundamental" ray of knowledge" is pending a revolution of awareness and application toward the "hard problem" of consciousness.

If, and only IF I surmised that my personal consciousness was all there is, I would have little to nothing to add to the problem of consciousness. I would be "preaching to the choir", so to speak. How then can consciousness be explained, unless one adds all of the billions of varieties available to our world and settle to the FACT that no ONE INTERPRETATION will suffice, and to accept that ANY PERSONAL VIEW is the absolute no matter WHAT. That's right, ANY VIEWPOINT of any person. I have lived with many people, great and dismal. They are real and their viewpoint, however dismal and beautiful, depending upon their nature, is dependent opon their own interpretations of life and the world. I see that many "universes" prevail among the dispararate entities in the current world at large. No two opinions agree, no matter what. That's the "hard problem" of consciousness. How can an effectual theory not include the many variables that so many minds have to offer?!!

I suggest the fundamentals only: awareness, calculation, perception, and projection, however impressed upon others, as the basic model for consciousness. To go further is to complicate this matter further, without addressing the basics of consciousness addressed above. It is seemingly appropriate to be concise in the matter of consciousness.

The quantum arena will take care of itself, as long as consciousness is equally applied to the application of mind/matter considerations. I am convinced that mind is just as valid a course of integration as is the quantum is adjoined with the relativistic scene of classical and renewed physics by Einstein. Every piece of the puzzle must be applied to the calculations of mind/matter and relative/quantum adjoins in the making of any theory of composite entries of both physical and ethereal mind "stuff". It is all good.

Any comments from anybody are welcome.

Mind and matter are eternally the same

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08-Sep-19 02:46 by Itatw70s.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 786 Itatw70s 07-Sep-19 20:03
Mod Note > Topic Moved 53 Dr. Troglodyte 07-Sep-19 20:53
The quantum reality realised in everyday life... 67 Itatw70s 07-Sep-19 20:58
Stay away from quantum physics 69 drrayeye 07-Sep-19 21:44
Re: Stay away from quantum physics 72 Itatw70s 08-Sep-19 00:04
Why do i comment? 61 drrayeye 08-Sep-19 01:09
Re: Why do i comment? 69 Itatw70s 08-Sep-19 02:39
Mod Note > Duplicate Topic Merged 61 Dr. Troglodyte 07-Sep-19 21:48
Re: An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 65 Susan Doris 08-Sep-19 05:20
Re: An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 64 greengirl5 08-Sep-19 06:46
Re: An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 70 Susan Doris 08-Sep-19 07:17
Re: An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 69 Itatw70s 08-Sep-19 14:15
Re: An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 75 Glass Jigsaw 08-Sep-19 19:22
Re: An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 59 Itatw70s 08-Sep-19 23:36
Re: An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 67 Itatw70s 08-Sep-19 23:41
Re: An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 66 Apollo22249 11-Sep-19 17:04
Re: An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 52 Itatw70s 12-Sep-19 22:00
Re: An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 65 Susan Doris 13-Sep-19 05:03
Re: An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 40 Glass Jigsaw 24-Sep-19 12:17
Re: An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 47 Itatw70s 26-Sep-19 23:14
Evidence in real life-as we ARE.... 43 Itatw70s 27-Sep-19 22:17
Re: Evidence in real life-as we ARE.... 39 Glass Jigsaw 28-Sep-19 18:59
Re: Evidence in real life-as we ARE.... 54 Itatw70s 28-Sep-19 20:54
Re: Evidence in real life-as we ARE.... 55 Glass Jigsaw 01-Oct-19 00:57
Re: An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 32 drew 30-Sep-19 02:43
Re: An intuitive synopsis of the mysterious quantum evidence.... 36 Itatw70s 30-Sep-19 11:38
Drew, don't give up on me yet!!! 35 Itatw70s 30-Sep-19 21:58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.