Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hello, a short discussion of a problematic issue of Buddhism. This is the paradoxical condition of NO-SELF. Along with this problem is the realization of NOT-SELF, the paradigm, or pattern of Hindu and other relative religious domains.

Here is an article to explain this differentiation of terms:

[tricycle.org]

My interest is in how the "anatman" situation closely resembles atheism, that denies ANY invisible entity (God or otherwise). The paradoxical anatman satisfies an atheistic veiwpoint, being that "nothing is there to SEE or believe".

My interest is in the teachings I have pursued for an understanding.

I was listening to a song called, "Formless Presence" by Constance Demby. The two words are a contradiction at best. It is obvious that formlessness cannot abide in a relative presence, since presence requires a paradigm, or pattern of existence, which pattern is detectable by observing the animate beings all over this world.

I was studying the astral (invisible body-though, not really because of the other four senses of hearing, feeling, taste and smell) while I was engaged for one year in a fellowship. I was not able to finish that course. However, the five senses, whether in the flesh or in the ephemeral astral body constitute the whole range of sensory applications, mostly in the mental, "spiritual" domain of one's perceptions. I dream, and so do others; that concludes the quest to FIND the astral.

The point I am conveying is that eyesight is one-fifth of our perceptivity. I know that I have sensed the other four perceptions (that's right-I perceived other peoples "scent" at a time of heightened perceptivity).

However, careful to allow "voices" in one's perceptivity; it may be a distortion or very unconscious uprising into consciousness. The paradigm is that, in Buddhism, the NOT-SELF is vastly present in people, and according to the true Buddhist claim, the NOT-SELF is not a dismissal of self at all, as the article claimed. The NOT-SELF is the dissolution of any distraction that hinders the very apprehension of one's SELF. NO-SELF is a mistake during the corruption of Buddhism some centuries ago.

Here is a song to accompany this OP:

[youtu.be]

Uncreated and Uncreatable...
Which neither space nor time touches.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09-Apr-19 19:18 by Itatw70s.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Paradox or Paradigm? 467 Itatw70s 09-Apr-19 19:15
Re: Paradox or Paradigm? 64 Enigcom 09-Apr-19 21:03
Re: Paradox or Paradigm? 97 Itatw70s 10-Apr-19 20:51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.